- ; [ 001 ]

Being a part of a dying ancient clan was never easy, especially when you're the last remaining kin. You'd recall being sold off to royal families of different continents and empires. Some treated you with kindness and hospitality, though majority only bought you to be a pet and guard dog.

But as time continued to consume your life, you'd come to realize that being bought didn't matter anymore, because no matter how bought you or sold you off, you'd always end up in a caged sell, a prize tag hanging off of your dirtied clothes.

That quickly changed when the house of Troby brought you into their home.

Many months had gone by, and yet they still didn't sell you off. Even when you'd turn into a panther, growling and hissing at the maids and butlers, they never screamed at you or threw you into the streets. You pondered at times why they decided to buy you. Was it because they were in need of a dog, perhaps they need a maid?

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months turned into years. And before you'd come to realize, you warmed up to the family, growing close with the children who were of your own age. (shamefully, you had only learned their names after five months of playing with them. Navier, Koshar, and Sovieshu were their names. Though Sovieshu was not from the house of Trobi, as you've learned. He was Navier's future wed.)

Throughout those years of getting to know the young couple, they never seemed to have serious arguments nor did they seem to bear any feelings of hatred for each other. In fact, they seemed to look at each other as if each person held every precious treasure in their eyes.

So, why?

"that bastard did what?"

"His majesty the emperor has brought in a mistress."

Why did he have to ruin the most beautiful thing he could have?

---------------------------------

"I'm returning to the palace within a few days. That bastard's gonna learn the consequences of hurting Navier." you declared, drowning the last shot of liquor before slamming it down to the table.

Koshar follows your actions as he nods, "and once my exile is pardoned, I'll make sure that son of a bitch knows he's lost the best thing he could ever have. How dare he bring in a mistress!" the blonde shouts next to you, shooting is fisted hands into the air in a drunken state.

Chatters and laughter filled the atmosphere as the two drank and danced away the night, letting out the last of their fun before they are to continue with a tiring day of dealing with criminals and bandits when the sun is to rise.

---------------------------------

The morning arrives and the two are struck with the wretched curse of hangovers.

"Koshar...what the hell are you doing in my room?" you groan, rubbing circles on your temple in an attempt to relief your migraine, though your attempts prove to be futile when it worsens. You instead turn your attention to the noble beside you, his shirt thrown off elsewhere, the only garments covering his body being his pants.

The sight is not a new one, your years of training and growing together as fighters made you used to seeing each other almost bare, though that didn't stop you from admiring the chiseled abs he worked hard to achieve.

"Ah, sorry ( y/n ). I must've thought this was mine." he mumbles, but makes no attempt to fully wake up, only hugging the pillow in his arms tighter. (though he's denied it multiple times in his head, he knows he wishes the pillow was you instead.)

"Yeah, right." you answer, rolling your eyes before forcefully grabbing the pillow and kicking him out, telling him to go prepare for the day in his own room.