- ; [ 007 ]

Stepping into the royal banquet hall, where there was certainly a bigger crowd, you search around for the mistress, trying to look discreet as you step around the large space, occasionally greeting nobles and having small talk with familiar faces.

Finally, Rashta is within sight and earshot.

"Lady Rashta, didn't you say you were invited to the special banquet?" a voice asks the...lady. (ew.)

The silverette pauses, skillfully avoiding a tense reactions as she quickly smiles softly. It makes you gag.

"ah, well...I declined the invitation. I felt that it would be better for the empire if someone who was better placed to represent us attended instead."

You take her lie as a cue to step in, a grin spreading through your features as you greet the ladies, shifting a cunning grin into a sultry and inviting smile instead. "hah."

They all turn to you, greeting you with happy smiles and excited eyes. You recognized these ladies to be one of the many you've helped into the social circle when they've first debuted. Navier had instructed you to help them get along in order to have something cover up your...bold reputation. "goodness Miss Rashta, I didn't take you for a liar."

The two noble ladies stare at you and the mistress in shock. "M-miss Rashta...?"

She staggers, "I-I..Y-you're the one who's lying-"

"My goodness, no! these old friends of mine happen to know me very well, and they know better than anyone that I'd rather end my own life than to spit out lies!" you dramatically put a hand on your chest, feigned hurt on your features as the two ladies nod at you.

"And I happen to be friends with the Empress and Emperor too...So, I know about how you whined and begged the Emperor to invite you to the special Banquet despite the full invitation list. My, the Emperor even asked the Empress to invite you! Just imagine the hurt Empress Navier must be going through..." you sigh, shaking your head as you place a palm on your cheek.

"O-oh my...I didn't know Miss Rashta was like this.." they both whisper to each other before leaving, hoping to avoid the awkward situation.

You watch them leave with a grin and turn to the mistress with a click of your tongue, "I don't understand how Sovieshu could have possibly fallen in love with you...but I suppose that man has always been a fool." you whisper, loud enough for her to hear. She grits her teeth and looks away in shame, avoiding your gaze.

You turn around, satisfied with what you've done and walk to the center to mingle with other nobles. Never hurts to make new friends.

"The emperor's mistress is a former slave of mine."

You turn towards the voice who happens to say that aloud, surprised to see a viscount whose name was directly at the tip of your tongue. You approach him, but you're stopped when the sound of a glass shattering resonates through the ball room.

What is it now?

You turn-once again- to see Rashta leaving in a hurry, a look of terror on her face. But it only grows when the viscount approaches her, a mocking grin on his face. You'd like to do business with him one day.

-----------------------------------------------

"My lady, The Emperor wishes to see you." the captain of the royal guard approaches you, a stern and nervous look on his face.

You raise an eyebrow but don't object, "...alright," judging from the incident that had happened just a few moments ago, it was most likely that he'd blame you, knowing you went in the banquet hall before she made a scene.