- ; [ 018 ]

i am ITCHING. ABSOLUTELY ITCHING to either make a cultivation fanfic or an x reader fanfic in a cultivation manhwa but i know nothing about cultivation and im scared of disrespecting people

_______________________________________

"Ugh, it's you."

"Lovely seeing you aswell, Lady ( L/n )" Duke Ergi greets with a smile, bowing with a hand on his chest.

"Yeah, Yeah. Now leave, seeing your face is making my headache worse." You shoo him with a wave of your hand, the other hand massaging your temples.

Bumping into him on your way to relax was certainly not something you'd expected to happen, but god has his ways to spite those who spite him back.

He chuckles before walking off, deciding not to annoy you once he'd seen you were actually suffering in the clutches of a migraine.

Now the only sounds are the playful birds singing, the flowing water of the fountain, and the distant chattering and giggling of the maids. You take your time walking towards your usual spot, your headache seemingly worsening when you take faster steps.

You softly smile when you see the picnic mat already laid out on the grass and a generous amount of food accompanied by drinks already organized on it. The head maid must have known you wanted to relax after hearing about the things that have come to pass.

Comfortably sitting yourself on the mat, you scan over the wide variety of light food ranging from fruits to sweets to baked goods. You settle on starting with ( favorite snack ), taking a piece and eating it, a hum leaving your lips as you do so.

"Stop it !"

You flinch, immediately standing up and running towards the source of the voice who you recognized to be Navier's. God, what was it this time? If she had to raise her voice like that then it would definitely be something serious.

"Your majesty, what's going on?!"

You spot her not too far away, standing behind Lady Artina.

Sovieshu is also beside Navier, glaring at The Grand Duke who's surrounded by several royal guards with their swords pointed at him.

Cursing, you rush over, sending confused looks towards Navier who looks both frustrated and guilty. You turn towards your silverette friend who has his eyebrows knitted and eyes sharpened into a harsh glare that's being directed towards the Emperor.

"Lower your weapons!" Navier hurriedly commands, however the guards seem hesitant. "I said lower your swords!" She's growing more and more frustrated by the second.

You sigh, pinching your eyebrows in irritation, "Are you disobeying the Empress of the Empire? Lower the fucking swords."  They flinch at your harsh tone, lowering their swords at an instant as they glance at the Emperor who wipes the blood from the corner of his lips.

You almost let out a breath of relief until Kaufman speaks, "You don't have to worry."

"I'm quite talented in Magic, so I'll attack from a distance." He raises his hand, an energy of thunder forming around it as the armed men raise their swords once more in alarm.

Who's been training these people? They look like lost puppies about to cry. Goodness, what use are they?

You open your mouth to speak but the Emperor beats you to it, walking towards Kaufman as he begins to talk,

"Seeing as its come to this, at least the duke has a heart for the Empress doesn't he?"

You raise an eyebrow, 'He likes Navier? How come I never knew?'