- ; [ 017 ]

u guys r down bad

its ok me too

ALSO IM BACK HI ‼️😩

______________________________

The door creeks as Koshar's blond friend turns the knob, "I'm exhausted, so you take care of her. I'll head to bed first." He yawns through his words before leaving and closing the door behind him.

Silence fills the room as Koshar stares at your sleeping form, the only sound being your snoring and breathing. It calms his beating heart, the nervousness coursing through his veins begins to settle down as a stressed sigh leaves his lips. 'I regret it.' He mumbles.

"I regret being stubborn. Maybe if I wasn't then maybe I wouldn't be exiled and stuck here with you wasting your time on me. Maybe if I just listened to mom and dad more, then maybe we'd both be at the capital together with everyone else. I miss home, especially when it was with you." The next string of words that leave his mouth come out as soft whispers.

He hesitantly holds your cold hands, hoping his warm ones could keep you satisfied.

"I don't waste time being here with you, sweet thing" He flinches when you wake up to stare at him, voice raspy and words slurred, "I miss you when I'm at the capital, so I always travel here to see you" the corners of your eyes squeeze as your lips break out into a grin, "It's too boring without your antics, I love spending my time on you. I can relax around you too, I trust you more than anyone"

Koshar's heart beats quicker and quicker with each second that passes, "You're drunk, go back to sleep and rest furry."

"Hehe, okay rich blondie."

---------------------------------------------------------

"So, she's reached our capital?" Heinley asks, wanting one last confirmation as he stares up at his blue headed secretary.

"Yes, and reports say she has two other companions with her." Mckenna confirms with a nod, papers in hand as he furrows his eyebrows. "I don't understand why you sent her to take care of our business when our royal guard alone is enough to deal with the countryside bandits."

"I don't have a particular reason. Let's just say the way her eyes skimmed over the papers told me she'd been longing to leave the capital ever since arriving."

"…What?"

"Nothing, bird brain"

Mckenna groans.

---------------------------------------------------------

"I'm a bit worried about that mistress. New Year is just around the corner and she's definitely gonna do something unbelievably stupid again." You sigh, words of frustration flowing out of your mouth as Koshar and Farang listen to your woes.

"You worry too much. No matter how much humiliation Rashta tries to give the Empress, the Emperor will have no choice but to side with his wife if he wants the maintain the image of the Eastern Empire."

"Besides, Her majesty is clever enough to make ten times more humiliating comebacks towards that mistress." Farang reasons, Koshar nodding in agreement.

"We have our own pressing matters anyway," The marquis adds, " exile will finally be lifted after new years. Who knows what other idiotic things he'll do in the empire if he's shameless enough in the borders."

"Hey!"

"Sorry Koshar, I'll have to side with Farang on this one. Can't let you get yourself into another exile now, can we?"

The boy of royal blood whines, knotting his eyebrows and crossing his toned arms like a child. "Oh please, I'm a grown man now. I know how to behave like one."

"Sure."

"Whatever you say blondie"

"Psh. Anyway, speaking of returning, I wanted to give Navier gifts for when I come back. But, I'm not really sure what clothes would fit her since I haven't seen her in years." Ah, the voice of a pitiful, woeful man who misses his cute little sister, "So I'd much appreciate if you two helped me pick out gifts!" his mouth is formed into a grin, hands placed on his hips as he awaits for an answer

"Sure, but who's paying?"

"."

_______________________________________

huge timeskip .

"….what?"

"Duchess Tuania has left the empire with an exiled man and Rashta is pregnant."

"Dear God."

You groan, pinching the space between your eyebrows as you feel a migraine begin to settle. You'd only been gone for a few weeks and so many things have gone entirely wrong.

Was the warning you gave to that fool of a duke not enough? Or did that whore twist the strings to place immense distrust between the couple once more?

shit, and that bastard who was Prince Heinley's friend too. He might've been the one helping Rashta behind the scenes.

You'd find the time to talk to either him or Heinley about their ridiculous methods in the future.

"Laura, let's head to my room and catch up there. The maids have already prepared snacks." You instruct the lady-in-waiting, watching as she happily nods in excitement. She's always enjoyed filling you in on the minor and major things that happened when you were absent.

She tells you about how Rashta copied the Empress' dress on the day of the masquerade ball and how the Emperor sided with Navier to protect her image. She also mentions Viscount Landre, the viscount who was set to be killed without trial but was granted an Imperial Pardon by the Empress. His crime was attempted murder, stabbing Rashta with a knife after he'd discovered her schemes against Duchess Tuania.

"I wish he'd succeeded. Things would've been easier."

"Hm? What was that?"

"Nothing. Carry on."

Apparently, He was madly in love with the Duchess, so he's done what he did without much regret. He would've been granted a trial if not for the fact that he stabbed a pregnant woman who the Emperor just so happened to favor. 

"Fuck, I need to talk to Navier. Is she okay? How is she dealing with the news of Rashta's pregnancy?"

"Her Majesty is rather...indifferent to it. She acts as if it does not bother her, but I see her knitting her eyebrows every time it's mentioned in front of her."

You sigh, "That white dog bitch has already taken over high society and most likely the townsfolk during my absence. Fixing this won't be easy."

Laura nods, "I don't think fixing this would even be possible at all. The nobles are completely on that scoundrel's side!" She huffs, puffing out her cheeks in frustration as he balls her hands into fists.

A hand knocks on the door, "The Empress is asking for Lady Laura."

"Ah, I've been gone for too long. I'll see you later Miss ( y/n )!" She bows cheerily before hurriedly running off to the door, her hair bouncing behind her.

The tall door shuts with a thud as you groan once more, sinking deeper into the chair. Koshar would be arriving in a few days and he most certainly wouldn't be jumping and happily screaming when he hears what has happened in both his and your absences. "Ugh…let's just hope his anger won't lead him to commit whatever crime goes in on his head."

"Whatever. I need fresh air."

You stand from the couch, leaving to relax in one of the gardens once more. Less maids tend to hang around there, preferring their own private quarters when they wanted to chat amongst each other.

_________________________

oops there's alot of timeskips in this chapter, its hard avoiding them  。:゚(;´∩';)゚:。