- ; [ 029 ]

"Are you certain this is what he wants to do?" You ask, just in case he was making awful jokes to irritate you.

"Yes, but it will only be for two year–"

Slamming a close fist onto the arm of your chair, your voice lowers with seething rage, "So what if it's two years? An Empire can fall into the pits of hell within a minute. And what will Navier do in the meantime? Walk around while her ego is stepped on by the townspeople who look at her with pity?

Do you think that chihuahua wench has the capability to rule? Navier has spent her life getting to her place and all Rashta has done is fuck around with a man who could care less about this damned country."

The man couldn't find himself able to to respond, you were right.

You've always been.

But he chose not to listen to you out of loyalty for the Emperor and look what that had lead him and the Imperial Image.

"Christ. Do I really have to become the Emperor myself?"

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

Stress, worry, and anger has brought you nothing but sleepless nights.

Dark eyebags decorate your lower eye folds and you feel your eyeballs burn everytime you blink.

"My Lady..are you alright?" The Palace doctor taps your shoulder, a worries look painting his face.

You nod, "Yes, just been losing a few nights of sleep. I'll be alright."

Like the fuck you were. You could feel your vision deteriorating, your strength weakening and your sense of awareness is little to non existent.

The doc nods hesitantly before rushing off.

You wonder if Navier knows about Socieshu's plans. Even if she doesn't you'll most definitely be relaying the information.

Of every soul in this earth, she alone is the one who deserves to know the most.

She's dedicated her entire life and sacrificied her happiness to be an Empress worthy of the Empire.

So for that to be taken away would mean more than her death.

Ah, thinking of Navier, you were informed by Laura that she had sneaked out a few days ago to relax downtown Wirwol for a while.

'I suppose she needed that.'

"I greet the Lady of the Empire."

straightening your posture, you tiredly blink before raising your chin. "Baron Lant, fine morning, isn't it? what brings you into my company?" a smile graces your lips through the greeting.

"The monthly council meeting on state affairs is held today, please do not forget to attend and report to our Emperor." he smiles back, more brightly as he ignores the tiredness you try to hide.

"Of course."

'will the Emperor bring up the topic of divorce?'

The thought begins to gnaw the back of your head.

Usually the Empress doesn't attend since none of the items in the agenda fall under her jurisdiction, however, if she does attend it would most likely mean the divorce is mentioned.