- ; [ 016 ]

It is who you think it is.

With a wide grin, you stand from your seat to greet none other than Grand Duke Kaufman, who's holding a beer mug in his hand. "Pleasant surprise to see you here." he smiles, bowing his head down as a greeting. "Good to see you too Kaufman!" he admires the toothy grin on your lips.

"Who's this chick?" A red haired man speaks from beside the Duke, also holding a beer mug in his hands. His skin is pale and his build is quite muscular. His eyes are sharp and his jaw is no different.

Kaufman takes a short moment to pause, seemingly forgetting he had a friend with him for a moment before regaining his composure. "This is a friend from the Eastern Empire, ( y/n ) ( l/n )" He gestures towards you, movements so graceful it was a complete contrast to the mess surrounding the tavern.

You smile, bowing your head lightly. a bit of courtesy wouldn't hurt. "Pleasure to meet you, ..?" you trail off, implying for a name as you meet his eyes

"Dolsi." He continues, bowing his head in the same informal manner as you have. "I'm delighted to know my dear friend here has other friends besides myself." he adds, throwing a teasing look towards the Duke who retaliates with an irritated glare.

"What brings you two-?"

A hand firmly wraps around your waist as Koshar steps closer beside you, eyebrows curved downward and the space between the skin crinkled as he sends a glare towards Kaufman. "( y/n ), who might these two gentlemen be?" he asks, tightening his hold on you and lightly pulling you closer to his chest.

Kaufman raises an eyebrow, making eye-contact with the blonde before trailing his gaze to your expression. He feels a 'tiny bit' of dismay when he notices how you don't seem to mind it. In fact, your expression tells him this is a normal occurrence.

"Ah, This white haired guy is a really close friend of mine and the red-head is someone who I just met now." You explain truthfully, "White hair is Kaufman and red-head is Dolsi. Kaufman's kept me company whenever I felt a bit lonesome back at home, so you should treat him nicely."

"Heyyy," Dolsi speaks up, "Treat me nicely too" his tone reminds you of a whining dog that's been left alone.

You chuckle before Koshar speaks up, "I'll treat whoever ( y/n ) is fond of nicely." The last word ends with a faint giggle, "Introductions are needed then. I'm Koshar Trobi, Little miss ( y/n )'s childhood friend."

You'll be scolding him tomorrow for his threatening glances. Tonight is going to be one of the rarest nights you could have to relax during your stay in the Western Kingdom, and you certainly wouldn't want to spend it scolding a man-child. "Well, I'll be going to have my own fun elsewhere. You three have your fun." you hum and walk away, waving goodbye over your shoulder.

The three men watch as you leave with a large mug of beer wrapped with one hand.

"Hn, I'll go ahead so I wouldn't be caught up in the crossfire between you two." Dolsi speaks up, leaving the opposite direction as you, a mischievous smile forming on his lips as soon as his back is turned towards the two.

'what an interesting woman.'

As soon as the red-head is sure he's out of their line of sight, he completely turns his direction to go to where you've gone, eyes looking around for any traces of you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the back of the bar, in an alleyway where it's quiet, the occasional squeaks of a mouse being the only noise echoing across the narrow space. You sit on one of the box crates, steadily sipping on a full bottle of liquor.