- ; [ 042 ]

Just to clarify, i've caught up to the raws of remarried empress.

so from this point i will be following the novel instead of the manhwa
══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

It's evening now, and you've never felt so grateful to have worn a dress prepared by Countess Joubert.

Often times, she would prepare the more extravagant and tight dresses, saying you shouldn't wear suits because a dress would compliment your beauty much better.

So, you'd always have to endure breath taking ( literally ) corsets, itchy cloths, hot gowns you'd always sweat buckets in, and more.

But this time, the Countess had prepared a much lighter dress, the very first layer is a silk satin, so smooth and nice on your skin.

Sheer fabrics are layered on top of the satin, folded and designed to give a flowing effect around the skirt and the off shoulder area.

You sip on wine as you stand around near the banquet table, chatting with nobles who were your close friends before the divorce.

Immediately, you were caught up with the current news and situations around the Eastern Empire, whether is was outside the Imperial palace or not.

You'd also chatted with Revetti, who at first teared up while approaching you, the situation of the Queen in her mind. She tells you she wants to take revenge for the former Empress, but Navier had instructed her to focus on her happiness first.

Then, she pulls you to a corner where no one was, and whispers something you'd already guessed a long time ago. "Lady ( y/n ), Miss Rashta has a hidden baby in our mansion. Father is blackmailing her about it."

You act surprise, eyebrows raised, "Is there any proof that its her child?"

She shakes her head, "But the baby looks just like Rashta, even a blind person would say it's miss Rashta's child."

You nod, putting a hand on your chin.

Although this was duke Ergi's matter and you shouldn't intervene, it wouldn't hurt to collect as much information there is as possible.

"Miss Revetti, would you dance with me?"

A man calls for your red head friend, smiling fondly when she giggles and takes his extended hand.

Ouch, didn't bother saying goodbye..

You watch them both dance, two teenagers fondly looking at each other as they twirled around the ballroom.

What is it with couples these days showing off in front of you? First was Lady Nian and Viscount Landre, then now was Miss Revetti and this man.

"Lady ( y/n )!"

It's the familiar exclamation of that maid who'd always report to you.

"Oh, it's you." You smile, turning to bring your undivided attention to her.

"Do you..really not have an intention of staying here?" She asks, fiddling with her apron as she pouts.

You chuckle, shaking your head. "No, I don't have any plans of staying in the Eastern Empire." for now. You continue in your thoughts.

Her expression told you she only became a maid because she looked up to you, and now that you're gone, her job was now meaningless.