- ; [ 030 ]

omg we're finally at chapter 30

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

"( y/n ), do something about my father! he's spoiling his stupid mistress."

Sighing, you place the book down on the table, turning to look up at the prince from your seat. "I can't do anything about it, 'viesh. The Emperor is far too deep in love with that ugly woman to think rationally."

"But..!"

"Your father is set on making that mistress a noble. He even hired some old nobles to pose as her parents." You feel pity seep in your bones at the way his eyebrows furrow as his mouth frowns in frustration.

You sigh once more, shaking your head. "All we can do is wait for the Emperor to rot away in his old age and the crown is placed on your head. Best thing you can do is not follow in your father's footsteps."

"Of course I won't do what he did! Navier's the prettiest girl in the world, no mistress can outdo her beauty."

---

Now you watch as this man does what he promised he'd never do.

Perhaps it was fate simply cutting and connecting new strings.

Glaring holes into the Emperor's forehead, you give him a disappointed look and huff out a chuckle under your breath when he looks away in guilt.

So he does know what he's doing.

"Next to report is ambassador Ringer from Bluvohan."

Your eyes trail towards a chubby man who walks awkwardly with a sweaty face. "Um, actually.." he hesitates,

"I heard something strange from a couple in Bluvohan a few days ago. They say that you Majesty's mistress, Lady Rashta, might be their long-lost daughter. That couple..is also..from q noble family as well."

You choke on a laugh, just as Navier does, a small mocking small stretching her lips. "It seems Rashta has at least four parents." The Empress whispers, embarrassment playing on the Emperor's face at the fail of his plan.

You stand, "That would mean one couple is lying." a playing grin displays on your lips, "orrrr..it could mean that they are both frauds wanting a place in the palace." pointing out the obvious, you turn towards the Emperor, "Shall they be locked up?"

Sovieshu bites his tongue, "Of course. Anyone caught lying will be punished with the full force of the law."

"I believe you know me, seeing that look on your faces

"I believe you know me, seeing that look on your faces." You start, humming as you tap on the hilt of your sword.

"W-we were decieved, Lady!" The couple cries, fear filling their faces as they recall the words Duke Ergy had told them.