- ; [ 044 ]

ok i searched it and a woman can be titled a duke aside the gender

i thought duke was a name for males only ☠️

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

The way back to the Western Kingdom was peaceful, though rather boring.

Opening the window, you turn towards one of the knights alongside your carriage.

"Hey, tell me something." You nonchalantly command him, surprising the poor soul who almost led his horse the wrong way when you suddenly spoke.

"Ah, well.."

"Any problems around the Western Kingdom?"

He hesitates for a moment, turning towards Sir Yunim who sighs at your antics and nods, deciding someone like you who had great ability in fighting would be appropriate to let in on the problems the knights faced.

Besides, you were from the Eastern Empire. That must have meant you dealt with bandits often.

"The Eternal Thousand Bandits are beginning to close in on the territories." The knight answers once he receives the nod.

You hum, putting a hand to your chin. Although they were bandits, they were more like businessmen. If they find a place profitable, they will attack, if it's useless in their eyes, they will retreat.

This is something a minister can handle.

"I see." Is all you respond with before closing the window.

It will be discussed in court anyway, so you shouldn't be dragged into the mess unless Navier requests your presence in defending against them.

Wait.

Since Heinley was a man well-suited for the seat of the Emperor, he probably wouldn't give you the title of a Duke so easily without reason.

Even if you did reason that it was needed in order to help you steal the seat of the Emperor in the Eastern Empire, none of the people would know and if you were granted it, they'd think it was because of favoritism.

Since your reputation as a skilled fighter was spread, it could be used as a reason to own a duchy—although it would be a lot of work for you.

Well, it didn't matter. Not like everything could be earned without hard work.

You waited a few hours after arriving in the Western Kingdom before requesting to meet Heinley privately in his room

"Your Majesty, ( y/n ) ( l/n ) is here for a private audience." Mckenna announces, opening the doors for you after Heinley gives permission.

The king waits for you to take a seat before speaking, "I didn't expect this."

You shrug, "Neither did I. But I'm here to submit a formal request." Bringing out the letter you've handwritten, you hand it to him, knowing it wasn't usual tradition to become a Duke just for asking.