- ; [ 008 ]

kind of itching to make a jungle juice fanfic so comment some badass insects and their abilities rn

ideas i already have:
bald faced hornets

kind of all i have rn ☹️

not proofread
——————————

"( y/n ), wake up."

Sovieshu shakes your shoulders, trying his best to gently wake you through your well-deserved slumber.

You groan, feeling irritation grow in your veins at the voice of the one man you didn't want to see. Of all people, he just had to be the one to find you first thing in the morning.

"I hope you're aware that you're the last person I wanted to see the moment I wake up." You mutter, not opening your eyes as your shrug off his hands.

He pinches his nose bridge, "Look I didn't want to see you either, but I came to apologize."

You don't respond, only burying your head deeper in your arms, "If you're apologizing because someone told you or if it's for the sake of it, I'm not accepting your apologies." you're half sure a few maids heard and gossiped about the argument you had with Sovieshu yesterday and it eventually ended up with Laura knowing and telling Navier.

"No, I-...I do feel bad. I spoke out of anger yesterday, it wasn't my intention to use your trauma against you."

You could hear the sincerity in his voice, but you were a petty woman. You didn't want to forgive him just yet.

"Sure, I accept your apology."

"Then-"

"But only for the sake of it." you continue, smirking through your covered lips, still keeping your eyes closed.

He loudly sighs, "You've always been petty." He does know you forgive him, but it's gonna take him some more time to make you fully forgive him.

"If you'd like, I want Navier, you, and, I to eat ( favorite food ) for breakfast. Just like the old days-"

"No thanks. I have a few things to deal with." you quickly stand from your seat, running for the exit before he could say another word.

No way in hell would you be sparing him the satisfaction of relieving the past just because he wants to make it up to you and because he wishes too. Things become complicated in the future, and it will always affect how you'll see the past from then on.

--------------------------------------------------

After a long bath and a quick change of clothes, you made your way towards the capital city, the streets buzzing with crowds.

It had been a while since you've greeted the townspeople, so you didn't see the harm in greeting and bidding them goodbye before you make your way back to the border.

"big sis! You're back!" one of the children call out, waving towards you and catching several people's attention.

You smile nervously as they all gasp and rush towards you with big smiles and excited greetings. They surround you in a circle as a few of them call for other's exclaiming about how you'd finally returned from the borders.

"It's been a while, let's drink in the tavern like the good 'ol days!"

"Bah! It's far too early to be getting drunk! Lady ( y/n ), let's pick and rearrange flowers instead!"

"No chance! I asked her to bake with me first!"

"Like hell! She and my friends are going to play!"

You laugh awkwardly at all their exclamations, feeling even guiltier to have to tell them you'd be leaving in a few hours. Some of these people were the ones you'd grown up with after all, and some of the children were ones that have always looked forward to spending time with you after having heard of the stories circling about you.

"U-um...Sorry to tell you all, but I came here to say goodbye." You half scream, making sure they would hear you well.

They gasp once again, this time upset and whiny.

"But you'd only just arrived!"

"we really looked forward to playing with you!"

"Surely just staying a few hours more wouldn't hurt!"

Now you were really tempted to stay. These people may not have been the richest, but they sure as hell made you feel happy. Even when doing an activity as boring as group book reading, they'd always make it so fun and entertaining.

"I'm really sorry everyone..."

----------------------------------------------------------------

After getting them all to calm down and initiating a deal to spend time with them the next time you come back, you sit on the bench right before the palaces' gates, waiting for your carriage to arrive.

Though you were beginning to get a little anxious as it was late by a few hours.

"Excuse me, Lady ( y/n )."

You turn towards the butler, an eyebrow raising as you observe the hesitant look in his eyes. "What is it?"

"I-i'm afraid we'd have to postpone your leave...one of the bridges to the border seems to be having complications. Your carriage has been stranded there for a few hours hence the wait and they have decided to head back for the time being." he explains, one hand on his chest and the other on his back.

"...oh my god.." you sigh with frustration and slump down on the chair, pinching the bridge of your nose as you motion for him to leave. Problems like this were very common, and usually, it would take at least 2 weeks to fix. Well, that was if the bridge itself was broken and fully damaged. You just prayed that it wasn't too much of a casualty and that not too many people were injured, and god forbid, dead.

Now you were gifted (cursed.) with a few free days.

Well, at least you didn't have to leave feeling bad for the townsfolk. You'd just spend time with them today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a few days since your supposed departure, and you were very worn out from all the things you'd been doing together with your people.

Apart from the never ending baking and flower arranging, you spent most of your evening having drinking contests with the usual men and women at the tavern. Occasionally, you played with the children too, running around the streets and chasing after them with fits of laughs and giggles.

You didn't hate spending time with them, of course. It's just that the years will get to you and your energy, once never ending, will be limited.

"Have you heard, your majesty? Duke Ergi Claude arrived at the palace today--" Laura starts, eyes glistening and gossipy

"I'm sure her Majesty is already aware of this, Laura." Countess Eliza interjects, sipping on a cup of tea before setting it back down on the table.

"Does her Majesty also know who the duke was with all day?"

You and Navier think, taking a moment to pause. You had heard of that name multiple times when gossiping with the high society, and truth to be told, you were curious about him. Having heard of this said 'curse' he carries with him around ladies, who wouldn't be so amused?

"Prince Heinley?" Navier answers first.

You nod, agreeing. Who else would the duke be with, if not Prince Heinley?

"No! He was with the slave girl, Rashta!" Laura fumes, furrowing her eyebrows.

You choke on the cookie you were munching on, quickly grabbing a glass of water to drown as Navier pats your back from her seat. Why in the hell would one of Heinley's friend's be hanging around a girl with such reputation? There were two possible answers, Heinley was planning something, Or he himself has malicious thoughts.

"Apparently, they spent the whole day together. I heard the seemed to get along well. And they both ended up getting involved in an incident that took place earlier today. They were taking a walk together when a nobleman humiliated Rashta by asking the Duke if he knew she was a runaway slave. And then...almost before he finished speaking, Duke Ergi punched him."

You let them continue gossiping amongst each other, zoning out to curse Heinley. What kind of bullshit was he planning again?

You were gonna get an answer one way or another.