- ; [ 011 ]

thank you so much for 10.3k reads! i'll be sure to keep updating and giving everyone the best chapters! <3

———

http: baking with the archduke! ˚ˑؘ 🍥·˚

———

You curse yourself as you stare at the mirror, finding the empty bottle of truth serum peeking out from your in-pockets.

That wasn't the only problem.

One of the buttons of your white button up had been broken, meaning the perverted Duke must have had a peek at your chest. "That damned bastard." you mutter, pinching your brows as an embarrassed blush dusts your cheeks.

Sighing, you take off your top and take a robe from your closet, wrapping it around your torso securely. You'd just change into your nightwear later on. Going outside wasn't on your list for the night anyway so there was no need to worry about your wardrobe.

Knock knock.

you groan.

Today doesn't seem like your luckiest day as every moment you think things would go the way you'd prefer, something would always come to bother you.

"Who's there?" you ask, raising your voice so it would be heard from the other side of the door.

"The archduke wishes to see you." An unfamiliar voice speaks, most likely a maid who escorted Kaufman to your room.

Again, you curse, 'fuck it.' and turn to open the large doors, surprised to see the man dressed formally. Was there a meeting with the other Dukes that took place?

"Archduke. What brings you to my chambers this fine night?" you smile, turning to greet the maid with a nod aswell.

"A meeting with the Empress took place. I thought I'd stop by to greet you before I leave. Did I interrupt something?" He asks, leaning to look around your room for any signs of a hook-up. He seems to be well aware that wearing the certain robe you happened to be wrapped in meant you were in the midst of doing the devil's tango.

"Oh no, I didn't hook up with anyone today Kaufman. I was just about to change." You laugh, shaking your head.

"O-oh, My apologies." He awkwardly mutters, a light blush on his cheeks. "Do you, by any chance, have plans for the next few days?" he asks before he could stop himself. Inwardly cursing, he knows that promising himself to leave immediately after seeing you was a vain thing to do.

You think for a while, "Well, Navier's birthday is coming soon and I was planning on baking her cakes and some other sweets. Wanna join me?" you offer, genuinely enjoying the idea of baking together with the Archduke. 'though I'm not sure how she'd react when I tell her I asked Kaufman for help.'

"Sure." he softly smiles, "When the Empress might scold you for asking me for help, just let her know I willingly did it."

You raise an eyebrow at his sentence. It's almost as if he read your mind. "...Alright. You should get some rest in the guest wing. It's getting late and we'll need a lot of energy for tomorrow." you laugh with a teasing grin.