- ; [ 020 ]

me seeing people commenting, voting, and adding my story to their reading list :

_______________________________________

It's been a while since you've been pacing back and forth in front of Navier's room, anxiously picking at your nails as you try to hear whatever's happening inside, but to no avail as the walls are far too thick.

What if Koshar argued with her about Rashta's baby?

You internally scream, pulling at your hair as you continue to rapidly pace back and forth.

Click

You almost jump out of happiness when the door finally opens, revealing the your blonde friend.

Though…he looks rather upset.

You frown, walking up to him with a confused expression. "Did something happen?" It seemed like he just walked out of an argument with his eyebrows tilted down and his lips displayed with a frown. His fingers are curled into his palm and his shoulders are tense as he looks down at you from his towering height.

"Navier was told to hold that whore's baby's banquet." He starts, giving you a look that questioned if you'd already known or not.

You sigh, nodding you head, "Yes. I was planning on talking to Sovieshit about it today, as well as discuss some other matters regarding the empire. I couldn't find a time to talk to him earlier since he was away from imperial business."

"I don't.." Koshar sighs, burying his fingers through his hair, "I don't understand why that good for nothing bastard had the nerve to ask Navier of all people to prepare a banquet for the woman he's cheating on her with."

His response to the situation was normal, given the fact that he hasn't seen either of them since they were only candidates for the throne. Sovieshu was a bastard back then as well, however his love for Navier was undivided and loyal.

That seemed to have changed when he found some trash in the middle of the forest and brought it to the imperial palace.

"I don't understand either, they used to be as close as we are."

"I suppose fate has it's cruel side."

"Cheesy quote."

He chuckles, gliding a hand behind your back to lead you towards the exit of the hallway. "Let's go visit my old man and mom, they must be waiting for me." He's slick with the way his eyes travel throughout your figure, watching as you follow his lead with much trust.

He ignores the way the maids whisper amongst each other and the way the butlers share looks, wondering if he'd finally asked you if you'd allow him to court you.

Amongst them are older, ones who've watched both him and you grow up together. They're aware of his crush on you as well, though it seems like you're far too oblivious to know. Or perhaps you're already aware but wish to ignore it for the sake of keeping friendship.