- ; [ 053 ]

After getting ready together, both you and Koshar went out to attend the second day of reception.

Having overslept until 12 noon, the halls were bustling with guests, the banquet hall being the most crowded.

You spot Navier from the corner of your eye, but as soon as an excited smile stretches your lips, it leaves when you spot Rashta talking to her.

"Congratulations on your marriage, sister." The whore smiles innocently, attracting the attention of almost everyone in the room.

Of course people would be looking.

It was the confrontation of the wife and the ex-wife after all.

"You used to say you couldn't be a sister to a concubine of a low status, but..now that we are both Empresses, and it has been revealed that my status is that of a true noblewoman, can we be sisters? I'm qualified, right?"

She was no longer talking in third person, obviously tying to copy Navier's way of speaking.

You felt disgust running up your spine as you scowl, grabbing a drink from a passing servant before walking closer to the two Empresses.

Rashta blushed, heat rising to her cheeks as if she was happy to attract the attention.

The Western Empire's first reigning Empress smiles, "If you want a sister so badly, you can be the sister of the Eastern Emperor's next concubine since you would have the same husband."

Immediately, the blush disappears from Rashta's face.

Then Rashta asked, as if she was a protagonist of a tragedy, "Are you saying that His Majesty will have an affair with another woman?"

It seemed like Navier wasn't interested in the conversation anymore, "Don't even ask me. That's your business."

At the blunt response, Rashta raised her eyebrows, looking quite angry.

Did she expect Navier to just accept any indirect insults hurled at her this time?

"It's true, you Majesty Navier in infertile, so you don't have to worry about thing else."

The line she crossed was no longer something she could step back into. Your gaze darkens your grip on the glass of champagne tightens, jaw clamping down in an attempt to hold yourself back from telling the world of the things she's done behind the scenes.

When your eyes meet Rashta, she smiles this time, knowing you wouldn't be able to lash out infront of the Nobles and Navier.

Just then, the champagne flute breaks under your grip, the glass digging into your palm as blood mixes with the alcohol, dripping down to the marbled tiles of the ballroom.

There were gasps of shock as the sudden sound of something breaking.

Thankfully, you weren't close enough that the spilled liquid would splatter on Navier, nor did it spill on Koshar, who looked at you in worry.

Rashta, who's smile disappeared, looked at you in fear when she see's you grip on a particularly large broken glass piece.

Memories of the day you jumped at her with a knife came rushing back. She could vividly recall the way the knife almost carved her eyeballs out, they way you told her one more time she bothered Navier, she wouldn't live a peaceful life.

"I gave you the last warning, didn't I?" You smile as her, enjoying the way she shrinks, shoulders slouching as she slowly steps back, eyebrows furrowed and mouth quivering in the fear that slowly begins to eat her.

'I wont be able to stop her if you anger her again, Rashta.'

'Not even the Emperor can stop her?'