- ; [ 041 ]

the song that goes,
"now youre in the stars and six feet's never felt so far"
got me sobbing and crying at 3am 😕

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

The people outside cheer as you smile at them through the window of your carriage, smile on your face as flowers are thrown and children wave at you excitedly.

4 months of your absence had certainly made them feel melancholic, their happiness of seeing you once more being displayed on their faces.

You wave back, keeping up the smile you had until you reach past the palace doors.

You only hoped they were as excited as they were seeing you when they saw the former Empress entering the Empire.

Tomorrow's the day of the wedding, so you'd rest and relax as much as you want before having to look at the wretched whore again during the ceremony.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

The smell of the garden you grew up in makes your defense falter as you smile.

Although this wasn't your favourite, you still liked this place because it was where you and Navier would spend time as kids, hiding away from the palace guards when times got hard.

"Oh my!"

The voice sounds like a fork being scraped on a plate and you scowl, not bothering to look towards the source.

Of course, you'd expect to bump into that white haired whore a few hours before her marriage, but you did your best to avoid her.

What's more is that she's playing around in Navier's garden.

"Shouldn't you greet the Empress, ( y/n )?" She approaches you once she sees that you're going to act like you didn't hear her speak.

Turning around, you stare down at her with an irritance in your eyes, "I don't see an Empress. I just see a whore playing pretend in a place where she doesn't belong."

She frowns at your answer, upset that you still down bow down to her even if she was the Empress of the most powerful Empire.

'Fine.' She thinks before smirking.

"Rashta feels bad for Miss ( y/n ).." She starts, tearing eyes looking up at you as she holds a hand to her chest. "She grew up in a bad environment where her parents didn't treat her well..maybe that's why she has no manners like a rude person.."

You almost raise an eyebrow until yiu notice the way her eyes scan your reaction.

Is she trying to figure out if she guessed my past correctly?

You feign anger, seeing Sovieshu look at her in shock from behind her, his panicked pupils trying to guage your anger.

Finding it as a chance to show her you shouldn't be messed around with, even if she was the Empress, you let your eyes darken, the corners of your lips turning downwards.

"Do you want to lose both your life and the baby's life?"

You question her, feeling satisfaction when the Emperor rushes over, harshly grabbing her wrist and pulling her behind him.

There are no words said as you and the ravennett have a stare down, "Your Majesty, I was just insulted. I can't just let it go, now can I?" You hum out, taking a step forward, forcing him to take a step back, still shielding his lover.

"Y-Your Majesty, Rashta can handle this. She's the Empress now—"

"Apologize to her."