- ; [ 019 ]

"Lady ( l/n ), Lady Nian has asked me to deliver this to you." It's Countess Eliza, standing at the doorway as she holds a letter within her hands. She's as graceful and elegant as always, not a single flaw to her as she hands you the letter.

"Thank you Countess, You may return to her Majesty." You're quick to dismiss her, the curiosity already eating your skin as you gently take the letter.

She bows before leaving, closing the door to your bedroom behind her.

It's late, so how could she have given you this letter? Perhaps it was through the help of another noble friend or a royal guard.

Opening the letter, the first thing that catches your eye is her elegant handwriting, each word written to perfection even if the strokes seemed rushed.

"I know you wish to fix this situation I've gotten into," It starts.

"However, Please do not chase after me or Viscount Landre. For me, he put his life on the line and I wish to return the favor and help him with what I can. He's gentle and soft, but yet so fierce and does not hesitate to protect those he deems is worth his protection. I feel you'll get along with him when you two meet some day or another." You can almost see the image of her smiling as she writes this.

"But aside that topic, please watch out for the Empress. That mistress the Emperor has taken in is more cunning than one might think. I'm afraid her schemes won't end at taking over the high nobles. Although I pray it will never come to be, she may even attempt to steal the seat of the Empress." The grip you had on the paper tightens as you read more about Rashta.

Nian was not a simple noble. She was smarter than most and only said what she truly believes is true. And for her to say that Rashta would chase after the seat of Navier was something you couldn't simply brush off and say 'that's not possible.'

"And with the news of her pregnancy, the Emperor will most likely be more cautious of those who try to harm that mistress of his. So I ask of you to lay low when you deal with that wench. Please remember to care for yourself and make sure nothing you do will put your life at risk. You're far too reckless and you don't often mind the consequences of your actions because you’re confident you can take the pain of it. Enduring pain is not always the solution to everything, so please, do not harm yourself."

"Until we meet again, with much love, Nian. Oh, and please burn this letter once you've read everything."

Sighing, you fold the paper into a smaller piece before holding it above a lit candle. The flame turns the paper into ash before it crumbles away, flying towards the open window.

"Well, at least I'm sure she's safe."

Back in Naviers room, she burns her own letter from the ex-duchess of Tuania

Back in Naviers room, she burns her own letter from the ex-duchess of Tuania. She feels a heavy weight on her shoulders and an empty room in her heart. Now that she's alone, she allows herself to frown, eyes watering as she begins to realize that the people who she holds closest to her heart are beginning to be out of her reach.