- ; [ 048 ]

ok calling a female ( y/n ) duke is slowly getting weird,☠️

do u guys prefer duke or duchess
══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

"Don't touch me." Grand Duke Kaufman said firmly. "Your touch will destroy me."

Navier couldn't do anything but stay silent.

The effects of the potion were still intact, and what's more was that they have only grown more powerful.

"..Please ignore my last words."

Everytime Navier was in Kaufman's sight, his heart squeezed and it was as if a poet who'd fallen deeply in love suddenly possessed him.

However, it was the same with you as well, except he found himself more comfortable with being informal with you and subtly touching you like a lover would.

"Is there no way to contract the potion?" The Queen frowns.

"I've tried many ways, but nothing worked."

"Nothing at all?"

"Nothing at all."

"So, now.."

What do you plan to do?

The question couldn't leave Navier's lips easily. It was a serious problem, what if the potion never wears off? would the Duke suffer like this all his life ?

"How was it when you were away from me? Did the potion's effects decrease?"

"No."

"Hmmm.."

Well, there was you.

Whenever he was around you, it seemed like the love potion's effects would completely disappear and he would stop longing for the woman he shouldn't be longing for.

But he couldn't say that, the Queen would know immediately that he had feelings for you.

I have feelings for ( y/n ).

He realizes for the nth time.

But I also cannot figure out if I have feelings for her Majesty, the Queen.

The wind grew strong, blowing pieces of Navier's hair wildly.

Once the wind died, she quickly fixes her hair, smoothly brushing out the tangles that had formed.

Carefully reaching out his hand, Kaufman gently brushed the hair covering Navier's face to the side and quickly withdrew his hand upon realizing what he was doing.

He was going insane.

Moreover...

I feel as if I'm cheating on ( y/n )..

"So, should I assign one person to handle the trade related things to avoid face-to-face?"

"It's not necessary. It would only make conversations difficult."

Will you be alright? Navier questions in her thoughts, but Kaufman only continues to suffer more.

"If you ask about how much it hurts me to see you, it's very painful. Damn it. Stop it."

Like a mad man, the Grand Duke orders himself.

"Maybe, if you do this?" An idea appears within Navier's thoughts.

"Do what?"

"Can you make another bottle of that potion?"

Kaufman frowned in confusion, not seeing the base of the thought.

"Drink the potion, and look at someone else this time. Even if you fall in love..this time it will be with someone else."

Grand Duke chuckles, "And if I happen to end up in love with two people at the same time, won't that make the situation worse?"

He already was, but it was only with one woman that he suffered such painful feelings with.

"Ah.."

"It's painful enough already. I don't think I can bear to be in love with two people in this way."

If only the Grand Duke of Rwbit would follow along with his thoughts when he thought he'd never produce another love potion.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹═════

'Lady ( y/n ), the Empress has been getting more and more aggressive and violent.

Moreover, now that she thinks she has the power of a God, she's been bossing more people around and has been acting like a spoiled baby.

Delise, the little sister of a reporter that gave you a lot of favors, has been getting the worst treatment from Miss Rashta. I suspect it's because she's showing her feelings for the Emperor and the Empress saw it.

Alot of the servants are beginning to dislike her because of her demanding attitude.

Ah, I also heard from another servant that no one sent Miss Rashta a gift for her wedding except Duke Ergi. She might take revenge on her Majesty the Queen so please be wary during the wedding.'

Unfolding the letter and burning it, you hum, leaning against the couch.

It was good that Rashta was finally showing her true colors. The servants were the source of news to the commoners, who were always wary of the High Society.

Rashta is very unlucky as well, showing such remorse towards the little sister of an important journalist.

Thankfully, you were already close friends with this certain Reporter, Johnson.

'Shall I pay the Eastern Empire a secret visit?'

It's just for today, You think to yourself, grabbing a cloak with a hood that would cover your face nicely without obstructing your sight.

With all the preparations for Navier and Heinley's wedding, no one will notice your absence.

"My Queen, I want to discuss something with you."

Navier turns towards her husband, placing her pen down before nodding.

"Are you going to donate money to Duke ( y/n )?" He goes straight to the point, settling himself down on the closest chair to Navier.

The Queen falls silent for a moment before shaking her head, "She has enough money to support the servants and herself."

Heinley raises an eyebrow, "But from her track records, she never had a job. Where did she get the money?"

"..You were investigating ( y/n )?"

"..."

Navier sighs, understanding her husband's reasoning. Your identity was completely erased from the records, only an idiot wouldn't question your origins.

"I cannot reveal information about her. I'm sure you already know to ask her directly if you want to know something that's related to her." Going back to writing documents, she ignores the pout on the King's lips.

Honestly, if it was anything else about you, Navier would have told him.

But this matter was something that could bring your downfall, especially now that you've risen your status to a Duke.

I trust Heinley, however I'm not sure if ( y/n ) will.