- ; [ 026 ]

here's a quick self-plug
insta - @qurii.e
go follow or else rashta will come to your room at 3am 😱

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹═════

"Viscount, I'd like to talk for a while, if you don't mind."

Shortly after arriving, Revetti hurried to her room, still happy and excited about having met the Empress.

The Viscount seems wary around you but doesn't show it, only smiling like a business man would, "Of course, Lady ( l/n ). Right this way. I'll have the servants prepare us a light meal."

You smile back and nod, following him to a living room that showcases his back yard through a french patio door. There's already tea prepared on the table, steaming hot as the servants bow in greeting.

Making yourself comfortable to the chair across from his, you begin, "Miss Rashta tried hitting your daughter on the way here."

He seems startled, but most obviously doesn't believe you. "Hm, is that so? I hope my Revetti is alright then."

"You don't seem to believe me. Should I have let Rashta hit miss Revetti to show you some evidence?" Smiling, you sip tea as he grows quiet.

"M-my apologies, I just find it hard to believe that such a kind-hearted—"

"I know of you relations and blackmailing with that wench."

He flinches back, throwing you a shocked look. He almost immediately puts down his tea and opens his mouth to refute but you're quicker

"I have all the records of the money and jewelry Rashta has given you. I have more than enough proof to tell the Emperor of her first son as well."

"W-what do you want from me?" stuttering, his body language grows stiffer, knowing that with a simple word that slips from your mouth, all his wealth would slip away from his grasps.

"Nothing too much, Viscount. Just let me take charge of Revetti's clothes, but don't go telling Rashta. I want the entire Imperial family to be surprised when Revetti comes in with a dress grander that anyone. She's earned my favor after all."

"..your favor..?" He seems all the more confused.

"Yes, she's a very earnest and heartfelt girl. she'd make a good noble in the future when she takes over a household."

As soon as you've said those words, his stiffness fades away and a genuine smile stretches his lips

"I'm glad my Lady thinks so. I've been worried about her debut as of late, but you've calmed my anxiety."

So it was true when you were told the Viscount was a man who put his family first before anything else.