Chapter 13 - He is not real!

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

Finally reaching home, I get out of my car with loads of paper stack on my hand. My dad left early this morning for a business trip so I had to get home early. It's about ten at night when I swing the door open to enter the dark house.

Shutting the door back, I head upstairs to my room when someone grabs my waist and a strong hand covers my mouth, petrifying the soul out of me. A loud scream echoes from my mouth- but the scream gets muffled behind the grip- as I shut my eyes in fear. My heart clenches at the thought of getting murdered or worse.

Laughter echoes throughout my room as I realize that there are more than just one person. Soon I recognize everyone's laughter.

"Ian! What the hell is this?!" I look at him in disbelief as he and his friends try to hold back their laughter. One of them is even holding their phone, recording me.

"Sorry, babe, I didn't know you would react like this," He laughs as well as his friends. How does he expect me to react? First without informing, he comes to my home and tries to scare me in the dark, making me think some robber broke into my home.

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?" I snatch back the phone when Ian's grip on my hand tightens.

"I have got a key, you gave me, remember?" He raises his eyebrow as his grey eyes burn through me, "We are here to just hangout."

"Why did you bring them? I don't know them well enough to let them be here-,"

"But I do! Can you just not make a big deal out of everything?!" He hisses at my face as tears roll down my face. I don't understand what his problem is with me talking in every situation, he acts as if he wants me to accept anything he brings upon me.

"Look, Madalyne," He cups my cheek and looks at me with concern, "I am sorry, but you have to understand that they are my friends. You can always hangout with us since your friends are too busy for you, right baby?"

And I nod to his words.

My eyes slowly open, adjusting to the lamp light when someone hovers over me. Abruptly I scurry myself back until my back hits the bedhead. The grey turns his gaze towards me- the same grey eyes which have been evocating me since I left Canada.

"Are you okay now? Here take the glass of water," Ian's voice lace with concern as he offers me a glass of water. I just sit here and stare at him with wide eyes and quivering lips. No, no, no... this has to be a dream. He is not real. It's all a nightmare-

Once I realize that he is indeed real, I fling the glass out of his grasp and sprint to the other side of the room. How did he find me? How did he know where I am? Nobody from back home except Dad knows where I study and live.

"What are you doing here?" I notice his jaw clench as turns around to face me, while sitting on the bed. His intense grey eyes burn through me, making me relive all the memories- memories that bring me agony, suffering and nightmares.