Chapter 50 - I have Everything I Want

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

Xavier and I sit in the moving car in silence with me clutching his arm tightly. I have tried to talk to him but never received any response. A few times, he even tried to pull away arm only for me to hold it tighter.

I cannot let him suffer in this alone because this time I am afraid he would hurt others or him. Back in that house, not once he shows any kind of expression which was expected. But when he asked Teresa the question he had been burying his whole life, I knew deep down he was hurt. He suffered his whole childhood for other's fucked up lives.

Soon the car pulls up in front of the penthouse as Xavier, within a second, gets out. The door slams with so much force that even I startle a bit. Grabbing my bag, just as I am about to get out, the door opens. Xavier stands there, looking elsewhere, holding the door for me. I get out in haste before thanking him in a mumbling tone.

Just as I am about to say something to him, he strides inside the house. I feel the urge to run after him but I resist myself. He needs space and I am going to give him that.

"Ma'am!" I hear a voice call me so I turn around to see Lucas approaching with something in his hands.

"Yes, Lucas?" I ask, frowning at the parcel.

"It has been delivered here for you....," he hands me the package which I accept.

"Who left this?" I scrutinize the black paper wrapped box.

"A delivery man delivered this and when I asked him from whom, he informed me that it was dropped at their warehouse only with your name and this address.....," Lucas informs me as my frown deepens. I nod and dismiss Lucas by appreciating him. With the parcel in my hand, I walk inside and towards Xavier and my room.

There is no sign of Xavier in the room which means he must have locked himself in his office room. It's about midnight and he has not eaten anything. The last time we ate something was in his jet but it has been three hours.

Flinging my purse and the box on the bed, I rush to the kitchen to make something in haste. After preparing some light food, I approach his office room and knock on the door. "Xavier?! Are you alright? You need to eat something!"

No response comes from the other side, causing me to knock again, "Xavier?! Please, you don't have to be there alone! Open the doors....," My apprehensive voice convulses but I still get no response. I stand for a while before eventually giving up. I put the plate on the kitchen island before returning back to the room. Changing my clothes, I sit on the bed when I notice the black box.

I quickly open the box and find another smaller box with a letter tucked beside. I open the box to find an expensive looking watch which makes me confused then I open the letter.

Time is ticking, Madalyne. Soon you'll be mine; Happy Birthday, baby. Hope you like the gift. When I'll have you, you would get so much more than just a watch.