Chapter 31 - "Changed"

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

It has been a week since Sarah and I last interacted. A week full of miracles and good days until Ian ruins it all. I don't know what is going on but I think I might have a guardian angel or something. The next day after the concert night, a stranger handed me a bouquet of white roses, leaving me confused in the middle of the streets.

The other day, I got this free food offer from one of the restaurants nearby. I mean how I could decline free food so I went on a date with myself anyway. Maybe going out by myself seems the best option so far –I can learn to love myself again, I can start exploring the world again. Dad calls me every now and then and never forgets to suggest places to travel. It bothers me that I have not told him about Ian being here yet.

I cannot risk Dad getting worried and flying over to the UK. Every time I ask Ian about his intentions, I get the same answer –that he wants to take me back to Canada. Why is he suddenly so interested in me and why does he want me back? He was the one to leave me in the first place.

"Are you just going to stare out of the window the whole day?" Speak of the devil, he shall appear. I realize that I have been staring at the mesmerizing view while thinking of everything and nothing. My head turns to the side, meeting his grey eyes.

"What do you want?" Even the tone in my voice surrenders.

"You know what I want," His sharp eyes keenly scrutinizes my body from top to bottom, making me realize I am wearing a tight t-shirt and shorts, "Remember, I used to take you out every time you felt down? We used to have lots of fun together, you remember?" He walks up to me and begins to trail his cold finger up my arms, making me feel absolutely nothing.

"How can I forget those unfortunate days?" I flicker my eyes outside the window. From the corner of my eyes, I see him scrunch his eyebrows, probably pretending to be hurt.

"Don't say that," His finger moves my hair strand, "I want to take you out, babe."

"You are delusional if you think I will agree," I roll my eyes.

An atrocious laughter escapes his lips, "I am not delusional but you will agree."

"Never in eternity," I try to walk past him but he beats me to it by blocking my track with his figure.

"Does your dad know about you drinking every night?" My body turns rigid upon his words, "Remember what happened on your nineteenth birthday when he thought you started drinking.......,"

His words pull me back to the day Dad was rushed to the hospital because he suffered a cardiac pain. I remember that day –the doctor informed me that it was not that serious but it could have gone worse so he was discharged the next day.

My glaring eyes pierce through his wicked ones. Blackmail. That's what he is trying to do now and I cannot even do anything about it. I feel so helpless and impotent. I wish I had somebody with me right now to protect me. I wish he was here right now.