Chapter 69 - It's All Finally Over

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

"You look amazing and beautiful," Catherine squeals as she admires my look through the mirror.

She is always very generous and lively towards me but when it comes to helping me with Ian, she always scurries away. Only if she had the courage to help me.

"Thank you," A small smile radiates from my lips, "You should get ready as well." After doing my makeup by myself, I asked Catherine to help me with my hair since I did not have the patience to put up with it.

Catherine did an amazing job. She soon leaves the room to get ready. After a while, the doors burst open, making me startle.

"Madalyne, baby, you look so fucking good," The lust in the devil's eyes is evident, making me nothing but uncomfortable. He is staring at me like I am his desert.

I stare at myself in the mirror as, from the corner of my eyes, I can see him walking towards me. My eyes meet his grey ones through the mirror as he stands right behind me.

"How can you expect me to keep my hands to myself when you look this sexy," My weary eyes glare upon him. My body freezes when I feel his hand resting on my waist.

"Tonight, you'll get the best surprise of your life," He whispers in my ear, causing me to move my head the other way. Something tells me, the surprise is going to be the worst.

Without uttering a word, I move away, walking out of the room. It has been three days since I last talked to Xavier. The reason why my mood has been so vague lately.

Both Grey and Martin try to cheer me up but it never works. Xavier even meets up with Martin but never calls me.

I'm starting to lose hope of all of this ending. Maybe I'm always stuck here.

I'm just so done with everything to the point I find myself "obeying" Ian. That night when Ian took me shopping, he bought me whatever he chose. It felt as if I was just a mannequin and he was the designer.

The gown that I am wearing is none other than his choice. Long-sleeved black glittering gown with high heels and a diamond necklace on my neck.

Soon Ian and I leave for the ball in his car while the others trail behind in another car. He tries to start a conversation but I don't give in. This clearly pisses him off as he is driving like a maniac.

In the blink of an eye, we reach the avenue. Many people gather aside to watch both of us enter the building. I still don't know the occasion for this ball.

Once we reach inside, I begin to scrutinize the hall. The whole ball room is illuminated with warm lighting and decorated very fancy.

"I have to introduce you to a lot of people, so stay by my side," Suddenly I feel Ian murmuring in my ear. He intertwines our fingers before leading us to a group of people.