Chapter 14 - Gaslight

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

The voices muffle around me as I watch the love of my life walk away. I never meant for any of this to happen. Why can't Ian just disappear? Because of him, I am late and everyone is worried and Xavier is heartbroken.

"Wow! Madalyne! Wow! You have no idea how X reacted when he heard that they couldn't find you!" Joseph yells at my face while I just stand numb.

"What is wrong with you?! Why are you with this fucker?!" Chloe chimes in, totally astonished by Ian's appearance all of a sudden. I need to see Xavier now, I have to talk to him.

"Guys, please, it's not like that!" I snap at everyone, making them silent. I don't have time to talk to these guys anymore.

"Then what the fuck is he doing here?!" Sarah hisses, glaring at Ian who is just standing there, leaning against his car bored.

"Give me the keys!" Turning to Ian, I show him my palm, asking for his keys. Confused, he hands over the keys before I leap inside his car, ignoring everyone's questions and looks. Throughout the whole ride, I keep thinking about my conversation with Ian this morning.

-

I search for my keys when I realize that my car is still parked at Xavier's driveway. Shaking my head, I walk towards the door when my entrance door itself opens, revealing Ian. My feet immediately take steps back in fear. Why does he keep doing that? Doesn't he remember what he did years ago?

"How did you get a key?" I ask, pointing to the key in his hand.

"Oh, it was not that hard. The owner of this building gave me this," Ian smirks, fumbling with the key in front of my face.

"What is wrong with you?! Why can't you just leave me alone! You can't keep barging into my home!" I grip my hair tight. I think I am going crazy because of Ian; all these flashbacks and random thinking are causing me to stress so badly that I cannot even concentrate on anything. It's just a matter of time I begin having panic attacks again.

"Madalyne, calm down, sweetheart-,"

"Don't call me that!" I hiss, making him raise his arms in surrender.

"I am guessing you need a ride," He says, pacing around. Why is he acting like we are friends all of a sudden?

"Tell me one thing- what are you doing here in England?" I raise the obvious question. His pace stops as he turns to me. With a monotonous expression, he nears himself beside me.

"Look, I know I have caused you pain but- but I want to make up for all that. I am not telling you to give me another chance," A scoff from me interrupts him before he reluctantly continues, "I want us to be friends... like back in the days. Please, I just need you in my life because I feel lonely, besides you need someone too."