Chapter 52 - Answers (Part I)

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

My cheek rests against my fist with the support of my elbow. The firm voice muffles in my ears when the view outside the window captures my gloomy eyes. Today is the first day of Uni after the holidays and I already feel so fatigued.

The professor continues his lecture while my eyes bore into the scenery. The sky is overcast with somber clouds and barely anything can be seen in the distance due to the frosty mist. The window is starting to blur too. Snow clustered on the ground while blocking paths connected to each building.

"Miss Coleman!" My head snaps towards the professor, standing on the podium. His stern expression makes me internally roll my eyes but I compose myself, turning my attention back to him.

How can I be attentive after spending an amazing holiday? Maybe Xavier did the right thing dropping Uni.

I look over to Selena who is already looking back at me. I receive a bored expression from her. I mean now she has a reason to be bored in Literature class; given the fact that Kai left. I am going to tease her about it so much!

My eyes flicker to Sarah and I cannot help but actually roll my eyes. I know I am starting to act like a bitch but I don't think I can cool down until I find out about Chloe and Ian. I do not trust Ian and I don't want to find something out that makes me lose my trust in Chloe.

"..... see all of you tomorrow! Good morning!" And the class is finally over as the bell rings. I rush out with Selena right beside me. The hallways immediately bustle with students. Selena and I stroll towards our next lecture hall, stumbling upon lots of familiar faces.

"He makes me want to have Kai back! Arg!" Selena mutters, exhaling an aggressive breath. Her eyes widen once she realizes she uttered that loudly. Her palm comes slamming her mouth making me burst out laughing. "I did not just say that out loud!"

My laugh grows hysterical upon her words as I receive a few looks. "Don't worry. I am sure you get to have him every day....," I whisper in a playful tone as her face flushes.

"Madalyne..," A familiar voice echoes from behind me. Both Selena and I turn around to face the blonde who appears rarely out of nowhere. I share a frowning side glance with my friend. Jason hesitantly stares at me, parting his lips to speak. "I actually need to talk to you...."

My eyes squint in suspense while my brain rummages through all the possible reasons he wants to talk to me. "Umm... about what? Wait- is it about the picture you sent?"

"I- yah and-," Jason stutters but I cut him off.

"Where did you get that picture?!" My question takes him off guard. He starts to scratch the back of his head before looking away.

"Ah- A friend sent it to me-," Before Jason would finish his sentence, I cut him off.

"I don't have time for you lies, Jason," Rolling my eyes, I grab Selena and storm out of the hallways. Selena can barely keep up with my heavy steps.