Chapter 25 - You ruined Me

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

My fingers wrap around the cold champagne bottle as I down half of it in one go. This has to be the third bottle this week- maybe fourth-make it sixth. Almost every night I get dragged into slumber either by losing unconsciousness from being drunk or staying awake until dawn only to sleep two hours before work. It all started after exams.

"Mady, you have got to stop it," Chloe appears out of nowhere and tries to snatch the bottle but my grip tightens.

"You have got to stop it! Let me drink in peace," I begin downing a gulp of the liquor. Chloe glares at me when Sarah appears from behind her.

"You look like shit," Sarah sighs as she sits in the space beside me. Yeah I feel like shit too.

"Sarah! Can you please tell her to stop? She is becoming an alcoholic!" Chloe grits her teeth making me roll my eyes. Sarah keeps quiet, knowing that the last time she tried to prevent me from doing anything, I did not talk to her for about a week.

"Can't you just go and bark somewhere else? Maybe go to Quinton," I growl out of frustration. I try to divert my mind onto the laptop before me. For the past hour, I have been trying to finish the research work but the alcohol is fucking my mind up.

"Well Quinton is out of the city so all I have is you girls- I am serious, Madalyne; how long are you going to keep doing this to yourself?" Chloe mutters in a disappointing voice which I totally deserve. I have been a bitch to all three of them whereas they are trying to look out for me.

"Leo has a race event tomorrow; you should come with us," Sarah rubs my shoulder but I shrug it off, "What about you?" Sarah looks at Chloe who shakes her head.

"I have to be somewhere," She mumbles, making me realize her mom is in Cambridge.

"How's your mom?" I find myself asking which takes Chloe off guard. I sense her tensing up beside me.

"Wait! I heard she got married! Did you meet her husband?" Sarah's voice echoes throughout my living room.

"I-um-yah, I did, he is a lovely and genuine guy," Chloe stutters, making me look at her suspiciously. Last time I checked, she was fuming when her mother got engaged.

"So...where is Quinton?" Sarah tries to keep the conversation alive but all of us know it's going to cease soon.

"He said he had some family work in London but why does it feel like he is hiding something from me?" Chloe fidgets with her phone as he falls into deep thoughts, "Is he cheating on me?" She gasps.

Sarah clicks her tongue, "You and I both know he is not. I mean the man who does not even look at other women, how can he cheat? Just calm down," Sarah conciliates our worried friend.

"And even if he is, I am smashing a bottle on his head from my stock of alcohol bottle," I chuckle, taking another sip. Both of my friends stare at me with scrunched eyebrows and wide mouth but soon fall into fits of laughter.