Chapter 49 - The Lie

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

Silence convulse through the whole room profoundly. All fathomless eyes fixate on Atlas who just have just exposed Teresa's secret wish. Why am I not surprised?

"That- that is not true. He is-is lying!" Teresa's screeching voice booms in the chilly air.

"I think he is not....," All of our heads snap towards behind me. There stands Joseph with a familiar bag in his grip. "Well, looks like I have found something interesting..."

"HOW DARE YOU GO THROUGH MY STUFF?" A loud scream erupts from Teresa who stands there helplessly fuming.

"This bag...," My eyes scrutinize the bag, trying to recognize it.

"Yah this bag.... the same bag we found in the hotel with loads of money...." The realization comes right back to my mind and my glaring eyes turn to look at the alleged venomously.

"Oh fuck! That means .... That means... it was her?" Theo's nostrils flare upon his realization.

"NO! NO! I would never do such a thing!"

"But you did, didn't you!" Madalyne argues back while I stay silent. My silence is enough for Teresa to wither in fear. She has no idea what is coming for her. She uncontrollably shakes while tears run down her icy eyes. William stares at the bag as if he doesn't know any of it.

My gaze turns to Joseph whose eyes are filled with pure rage. He slowly lifts and opens the zip of the bag, revealing loads of cash. My emotionless eyes finally meet a terrified looking Teresa. "Why do you have so much cash?" I ask, keeping my voice calm.

"I-.... I got them by selling my jewelries-,"

"I am asking again," I cut her off, giving her another chance, "Why...do...you...have.. so much cash?.."

"I-I am telling the truth- I sold my ornaments!" Teresa utters in a low tone, enraging me even more.

"TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH!" I shout, making everyone startle. Even Madalyne does not try to calm me down because she herself knows I am losing my control. No one would dare to stop me now because they want Teresa to suffer as much as I want.

"X-Xavier, it's the truth!" Teresa sniffs, "Your father and I have our medical needs, you know how expensive it can be!" She tries to prove an invalid point.

"Grandfather left enough money for you to live the rest of your life!" I argue back. Teresa falls silent upon my words. She is aware of the fact that her truth has been exposed and now not even her lies can cover anything. "You were so desperate for money that you were even ready to kill your own son!"

Teresa closes her eyes, shaking her head, "Trust me... I-,"

Before anything can be comprehended, William's hand comes in contact with his wife's cheek. "YOU FILTHY WOMAN! YOU TRIED TO KILL OUR SON??!!" William grips her upper arm harshly. "How could you?!"