Chapter 15 - You Should Leave

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

"Do you regret it?" I ask him as we cuddle on his bed with his arms wrapped around my waist and head resting on my chest. I begin to wipe the dry paint off of the skin of my upper arms.

"Never," A soft smile spreads on my lips when he says that. He lifts his head to look up at me. A genuine smile spreads on his face as well when he notices mine. But it soon turns into a sad one when we both realize that this is not happening any time soon.

"I don't regret it as well but I don't think it was the right time," He nods at my words, knowing that we have a lot to figure out. "I think it's better to start off as friends and figure things out."

"You and I both know we can never be friends, Madalyne," We both let out a light laugh at his true statement. We never started off as friends or were never friends or anything like that. Fuck friendship when it's pure love and lust.

"Okay...maybe we can start with me opening up," I raise my eyebrow as he looks at me dumbfounded.

"How- but I don't want anything to happ- I mean your- um-," He looks so cute when he blabbers nonsense but I know he is just concerned for me.

"Guess what!" Upon my words, he jumps up and puts his head in a pillow to look at me with a questioning look.

"I haven't had any episodes in these few months, dad has helped a lot."

"That's great, lo-Madalyne," I eternally smile at his almost slip up. He just wants to call me 'love' so bad, I can literally see it in his glowing eyes. I recall dad's words-

'Make him fight harder for you'

He is the one who broke up, he is the one who is going to have to earn me back because I know he will. I am giving him some time to figure out his life first while I do mine.

-

I come home only to come face to face with my furious mother. I notice her acting very strange and different. I ask her, "Mom, what is going on? Are you okay?"

Instead of answering, she throws a luggage containing all of my clothes at me. I stumble back, totally confused at her sudden action, "Mom, what happened? Why is all my stuff out of my room?" I ask her when I notice all of my clothes and books jumbled downstairs.

"You want to run away with that boyfriend of yours, huh? I am just helping you pack!" She screams at my face as I stare at her in disbelief. Who told her this biased story of me and Ian running away? Ian insisted we go on a week's vacation.

"Mom, that's not true! It's only for a couple of days!" Mom begins to drag the remaining stuff downstairs while I fume with questions. Since Mom and Dad's divorce, mom has been acting very differently, like blaming me for their divorce, for her seventh boyfriend leaving her, for almost everything.