Chapter 37 - I know You are Lying

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

My eyes shoot open as soon as I hear the door shut. I have fallen out of slumber as soon as my arms lost Madalyne. I had a good sleep after a long time but unfortunately could not wake up to the beautiful face I anticipate to see every second.

Thinking about last night spreads an unintentional smile across my face. The way I made her whine for more all night, the way I devoured her, made her come undone, made her scream my name in between those sexy moans.

Brushing off all the thoughts, I get up to freshen up and change and head out of the room. As soon as I step foot in the living area, an appetizing aroma fills up my nostrils. There stands Madalyne by the kitchen counter flipping bacon and scrambled eggs. My mouth becomes watery –not at the dish but the one preparing the dish.

Madalyne's body is tightly wrapped by black jeans and a turtle neck top. How the hell did she change so fast? Or was it me who took too long to freshen up. I am not surprised that it took so long since my mind was corrupted by her thoughts. Quietly, I sneak up behind her, waiting for her to finish preparing the breakfast. Now this is the sight I want to witness every morning.

"Ah- Xavier!" Madalyne gasps as soon as she turns around. I grab her waist to calm her down. "You scared me!" Madalyne chuckles, making me smile.

"Sorry.....you didn't have to make breakfast.... I could have made....," I move a hair strand behind her hair, making her blush and smile.

"But I wanted to....and if you really want to make.... Well then wake up early," She lets out a light laugh, making me nod in delight.

"Noted!" We both sit down to take our breakfasts, "You going somewhere?"

Madalyne nods, biting into the egg, "I have some work and Chloe wants to meet me," I nod in understanding.

"May I give you a ride?" I offer, sipping my drink.

"No... I mean you don't have to bother...," The posture in her voice changes, making me scrunch my eyebrows.

"Madalyne.... Let me drive you to your work....I want to...," My voice becomes firm. Madalyne pauses a second, debating something in her mind. Is she planning to go somewhere else that she does not want to tell me?

"Umm, sure," She flashes a genuine smile.

"Is there something bothering you? You know you can talk to me," I take her hand in mine, looking into her eyes.

"Xavier, it's nothing," She squeezes my hand in assurance. I know you are lying, Madalyne. I know you are lying.

.............................

"Jonathan is nowhere to be found.... We have contacted his assistant, manager, and employees but no one knows shit!" Owen slams the table, his words enraging me. All the evidence is leading up to Jonathan, and his disappearance is making him more suspicious.