Chapter 53 - Answers (Part II)

Madalyne's POV

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Madalyne's POV

"Ian is now my family."

My whole body halts upon her words. I almost lose balance before I grab the shelf. Both of the heads turn to their side. My breathing grows rapid as I can barely keep myself composed.

I hear footsteps before both Chloe and Sarah appear in front of me. When Sarah notices my state, she immediately comes by my side, "Mady! Hold onto yourself! Here...water!" Sarah takes out her water bottle while Chloe stands there halted.

Her wide eyes fixate on me, "Mady..."

I shake my hand, pushing away the offered water. I stare at Chloe while trying to catch my breath, "What...what do you mean by family?"

"Mady, please-,"

"I asked you something," I cut off Chloe who looks at me with deep regret and guilt.

"Chloe.... Just say it already.... We know you fucked up but how and what you mean by Ian being your family?!" Sarah asks.

"You guys know that my mom recently got married...," I stare at her in confusion, "She married Ian's dad..."

A gasp echoes from beside me while I stand numb. My mind cannot comprehend anything she is saying. Or my mind is not ready to comprehend anything. No part of me wants to believe it. No part of me wants it to be true. No part of me is ready for her next words.

".... He is my step-brother.... I am sorry, Mady," Her sobs grow louder. An uneasy sensation stirs up in my stomach, making me want to throw up right now.

"Chloe.... You are kidding, right?" Sarah lets out a chuckle. Chloe stares at me, slowly shaking her head. "I fucking defended you... only to hear this?!"

"Sarah... please... I was scared-,"

"Scared of Ian?" I speak up.

"Scared to lose you," She replies, staring at me.

"So you are not scared of Ian or anything... he didn't force you to go to lunch, did he?"

Her head shakes in a negative way.

"And you could not even tell me... where is the hatred now? You have always hated him!" I hiss.

"Mady... I, at first, didn't want to see his face but-but mom asked me to at least spend some time with him.... He has changed, Mady-,"

Before she can finish with her words, a harsh slap echoes throughout the empty library. Chloe covers her cheek from the impact of my hand. Not even Sarah stops me.

"You are fucked up if you actually believe if that he changed.... because he hasn't, trust me....," I emphasize my words in an aggressive tone, although I am wasting my breath on someone who thinks a psychopath has redeemed himself.

Chloe falls silent as Sarah speaks up, "You knew what Mady has been through because of that son of a bitch...I can't believe I defended you!"

Unable to calm myself down, I take out my phone and begin to call Xavier.