Chapter 24 - Donovan

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

"I am about to walk my ass out there and fucking beat these bastards," Joseph snarls in anger as he grips the steering wheel, his veins about to burst out. I am glad Joseph is here with me in London; my guy keeps travelling back and forth. It has been a week since I last talked to Leo or any of the guys.

"We should wait until they are gone," I look around to check if anyone is around or not. Both of our eyes fixated on the two figures on the other side of the streets, talking to someone we cannot seem to figure out who because of the gloomy darkness.

We have been sitting in the car for the past half an hour. After a while the figures retreat back to their car. I tell Quinton and his partner to follow them while Jo and I prepare to follow the anonymous person. I lift up the bandana over my nose to cover my lower face and wear shades while Joseph wears his bandana and hood over his head.

"Why the fuck didn't you lock them up? Shouldn't have let them roam free," Joseph growls out his opinion. When the detective team was led to these two men whom the driver told about, I ceased them from taking further actions. I want these two to lead us to their leader; the one they are working for.

"There! There!" Jo whisper-yells when he spots the same figure we saw a while ago walking down the street. His face is masked up but we recognize the attire, "What should we do? Should we just corner him up?"

"Fuck no, we don't want to cause any scene now, let's follow him," Jo and I follow him in careful footsteps while being in the shadows. The streets aren't completely abandoned; few people happen to be walking around. We get to the spot where the three men have been previously talking. The anonymous man comes to a halt and waits to cross the road,

I look up to notice a CCTV camera on the corner of the small pub's entrance, "Look, we have to get this CCTV before they do," I point to the camera as Joseph follows.

"Aight, I'll text Nathan about this," He takes out his phone and types away before we both begin on our tracks. The man looks around causing Joseph and I to duck our head and hide behind a wall. Joseph assiduously steps on my foot, making me slap his head.

"What the fuck!" I grit my teeth as he glares at me as if he just did not step on my foot, "Are you trying to get me paralyzed again?" I growl out.

"As much as I wish, I cannot because I won't be able to carry you back to the car," Joseph rolls his eyes, making me question why I have brought him with me. We turn our heads only to see the man on the other side of his road. Cursing we cross the road, dodging a few cars. After a long walk and small quarrels with Joseph, our steps abruptly cease when we realize that the man has entered a building.

"A hotel?" Joseph's eyebrows scrunch in confusion as so do mine. Whoever this is, he is not from London, "Maybe we are following the wrong person. The information said that the two men are identified to be from London."