Chapter 63- The Plan

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

Both Xavier and I let out a breath of relief. But I am soon bewildered when I realize how Joseph got into this house.

"Wait, what?! Madalyne, did you hear the same thing?" The shock is evident in Xavier's voice.

"Uh, yes," I am so confused.

We hear footsteps before the dark curtains are moved aside, displaying us the sunset view. There stands Joseph, dressed completely in black and hooded. His blonde hair messed up and a stain of dried blood in the corner of his lips.

Both Xavier and I rush into his arms, with Joseph clutching onto us dearly. The hope of getting out of here arises within me.

"How the fuck did you get in here?!" Xavier exclaims as we all pull away.

Joseph takes a deep breath, his eyes fixated between Xavier and I, "Well, let's just say it took more than a day to get in..."

Xavier looks upon his friends with a scowling face, "Are you going to fucking tell or what?!"

"Aight, aight," Joseph glides his fingers through his dirty blonde hair, "When we all got the news of you," His gloved fingers point to Xavier, "going missing, I immediately left for the spot." He must be indicating the place where Xavier confronted Ian.

"Just as I entered the area in my car, Madalyne fled from the scene. So I followed her...."

"Wait... so you- you have been here..." I trail off mid-sentence, hoping for Joseph not to declare the obvious truth.

".... Two day... since that bastard brought you here." He sighs, completely the rest of the words. Both Xavier and I exchange a common look.

"It fucking took you two days to break in?!" Xavier growls through the deafening silence. I let out a chuckle as Joseph scowls.

"Lad, I'm happy to see you but shut the fuck up," Joseph scoffs, "The first night, I had to spend hours on the map of the house, on how could I get in. Then the next day, I had to get in and take out the men in the security room. Then two of the giant fuckers through the back doors and today I have been clearing out the upper floors. Though I can't take out the majority of the guards because that would create suspense. "

Both of us look astonished at how well-planned his break-in was. Joseph chuckles upon our bewildered reaction, "I know, I know, your welcome. X could never."

Xavier let out a scoff, "Brother, I'm going to let that one slide but just so you know, I have been tied up all along." Guilt trickles through me and Xavier doesn't fail to notice it.

Joseph widens his eyes, "That bitch. What the fuck!" While Xavier's eyes are on me, Joseph blubbers shit and curses about some bitch.

I feel the warm fingers slither through my trembling fingers as I feel him pull me closer to him. "Babe, please, I don't want to see that look on your beautiful face," He whispers into my ear.