Chapter 64 - Letting Go

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

As soon as I exit the room, an elysian breeze flowing from the open balcony welcomes me. However, something about the ambience of this place seems unsettling, given the fact that it's almost night time.

I was definitely hesitant of my words, when I made the promise of not doing something stupid to Madalyne.

I knew I would.

And she knew it too.

The look in her eyes when I unraveled my plan to her killed me from inside. With every step, my mind cannot stop reminiscing her apprehensive expression. I know it is stupid of me to put myself in this danger. But I had to.

It is only a matter of time before everything goes downhill. That bastard is going to find out sooner or later. If something happens, I have to make sure Madalyne and Joseph get out of here first while I hold him back.

I quietly walk up to the edge of the stairs to look down. The whole atmosphere is filled with deafening silence and cold breeze. I expected chaos to break out sooner but everything is quiet and sequestered as a graveyard.

I am not liking this.

Making my way down the stairs, as I clutch onto those metal injecting tools or whatever they are called. I knew Joseph always had these in his car and we always used to make fun of him for having these. Never knew these would be useful in such a situation.

Just yesterday, I had lost hope of someone coming to rescue me. I would always be thankful to Joseph for risking his life and putting himself in this mess, for us. Now I have to get us out of here.

I reach the main hall and hide myself behind a huge pillar. I expected guards to be all over the mansion but where are they? Now the place totally looks abandoned and dark. Faint light emits from the kitchen lamps. Well this is a scene from a horror film.

The transparent doors to the garden are wide open. Wind swirls from outside, letting my hair flow across my forehead and the chandeliers on the ceiling clinking. Cautiously with light footsteps, I walk across the living area to the sliding doors. A huge garden with a patio beside the swimming pool welcomes me.

The rest of the garden seems like a large yard. A few of the lamps on the patio lights up causing me to scrutinize around instinctively.

"Well, looks like Cassandra is useless after all," A figure comes out of the gloomy mansion. The voice booms with a slight chuckle, causing me to clench my palms into fist.

The bastard who is trying to take my Madalyne from me walks towards my direction with his hands in his pockets. The very man who is about to get killed is finally out of the shadows. This was bound to happen. I had to come across him one day or another.

I take a step forward, "Not only useless but also very stupid." It is taking everything for me to not just stride across the large distance between us and strike onto him.