Chapter 34 - Questioning my words

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

The whole ride my mind cannot overcome the fact that Madalyne will stay with me. Okay, maybe not since she is still thinking about it and I am getting hyped up for no reason. I hope she decides to stay with me because once I get her, I am never letting go.

Parking my car in Joseph's driveway, I get out and walk over to the entrance. I make sure to give a call to Lucas to prepare my penthouse despite not being sure whether Madalyne would stay or not. I mean a man should be prepared for everything. The front doors swing open when I pull down my mask and hood. A tense looking Joseph welcomes me as we share a quick hug.

"I heard what happened......," Joseph mutters, making me nod faintly.

"I would have killed that bastard if we came face to face," I growl, downing the drink passed by Joseph, "Did you know that the man have been mentally hurting my Madalyne like that?!" I glare at Joseph, my hands clenching into fists upon hearing my own words.

Joseph takes a deep breath, "One thing I have realized now is that Madalyne is very good at pretending and putting mask over her emotions. Believe me, none of us had any idea what has been happening between them or what he has been doing."

Leaning back, I close my eyelids, taking a deep breath. I cannot believe I left Madalyne to that man. Why am I so stupid? I let my anger and agony take over me and made the mistake I swore to never make. How am I going to make up for it? It would be fine if Madalyne does not love me anymore. It would be fine if Madalyne does not want to do anything with me anymore. But I want to be there for her to protect her.

"Find that motherfucker! I want to know everything about him," I speak up to which Jo nods.

"And you better work on mending yours and Madalyne's relationship....," He points his index finger. Yeah, only if she wants. I cannot pressurize Madalyne into doing anything.

...............................

"........maybe it's because they don't give a fuck or they are scared.......," Selena blubbers about something that happened somewhere while Leo just stares at his girlfriend trying to comprehend what she is saying. I have never seen Leo concentrating so much. My eyes flicker to my angel whose eyes are fixated on the floor. I wish I could just wrap my arms over her frame and cuddle all night.

I try to scrutinize the look on her face. I know she is thinking about what happened today. What can I do to distract her? Should I ask her about her life? No, no, she and I both know how life is going. What the fuck should I talk about?

"Is everything alright?" I hear Madalyne utter in her delicate voice which immediately makes me realize, I have been staring at her. Fuck!

"Yeah-," Not a second passes by, Sarah interrupts.

"Oh my God! I just realized I have somewhere to be tomorrow's morning! Fuck, I should go to bed! Madalyne, are you gonna be alright?" Sarah utters all in one breath, leaving wide-eyed Madalyne to nod her head.