Chapter 62 - Loud and Badass

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

".....because she was so obsessed with me. She never did all these only for money...," I finish telling her about why Cassandra is working with Ian. Madalyne only knew that Cassandra was greedy but that really wasn't it.

I can sense the flames flaring inside her. Her eyes glare on my chest, her lips sealed in a thin line, "I'm gonna kill that bitch." She hisses. The anger in her eyes soon turns to agony. She takes my wrists and observes the marks and bruises.

"You were tied up?" Damn it. I thought it would be better if she didn't know that part. A glimpse of guilt flashers across her glistening eyes. This is why I never wanted her to know most of the truth. She would go back to blaming herself.

"I'm-," Before she can utter any other words, I collide my lips onto hers.

"Don't even think about going there," I mumble in a warning tone against her lips. We pull apart to catch breaths and that's when Madalyne's eyebrows frown, staring at the closet.

"Was the light already turned on," She points out the light emitting from underneath the door. I shrug with uncertainty, staring at the same spot. Within a second, Madalyne gets on her feet and starts to walk towards the closet.

I am quick to do the same and get in front of her. Just as we slide the door open, I pull Madalyne closer to me, hiding her behind me. Her head ducks onto my shoulder once we both see the unexpected.

Just like what we saw near the stairs, here lies an motionless body. "Who is doing this!" Madalyne says in a panicking tone. The man is in a black suit; just like the other ones. So I am guessing he is a guard.

"I have no clue-," Madalyne cuts me off by pointing something out.

"Wait... there is a mark on his neck... as if a thick needle has been stabbed," Madalyne observes the mark as both of us realise that some kind of drug had been used to make this man unconscious.

Sliding the door shut and switching the light off, I grab Madalyne's hand, "We have to get out of here before someone comes to search for this man." We walk to the closed doors and Madalyne peeks through the keyhole before we get out cautiously, making our way out through the clear hallway.

.........................

I don't know for how long Madalyne and I play hide and seek throughout the mansion. We always successfully get away once we hear any sort of noise or footsteps. We search about seven to eight rooms for any phone or escape.

We could literally jump out of the window but there are many guards outside the mansion. We may get out if I put up a fight but Madalyne has strictly forbidden me to not do so. It is because she had seen many outdoor guards carry guns. I get where she is coming from.

"Couldn't find anything in the closet...," Madalyne mutters in disappointment, emerging out of the closet. This is probably the ninth room we have searched so far.

I can tell Madalyne has lost hope of escape and am close to doing so too. But I have to stay strong for her. I may not escape but I have to make sure Madalyne is out of here safe. Theo and his team are probably searching the whole UK.

If they are lucky enough, they may come to rescue us. However, for them, it may take days or months. But Madalyne and I have to get out of here today, otherwise, never.

We get out of the room and begin to cautiously move onto the next room. Suddenly a laughter erupts in the deafening silent hallway. Both Madalyne and I halt and turn our heads around to see a tall bulky man in a suit laughing and walking towards us.

"Boss is going to kill you," The man scoffs. I move in front of Madalyne as we both take steps backwards. Just as he is about to lunge, I run towards him and kick him on the stomach. I may have not been boxing for a long time. But I surely know how to defeat bulky men.

"You son of a bitch!" The man growls, lying on the ground in pain. Madalyne stares at the scene wide-eyed but soon rushes to the stairs to check whether someone is coming or not.

"Unfortunately," I retort sarcastically, before landing another punch onto his jaw. Grunting in pain, he quickly gets up and before I can comprehend, he lunges upon me. That takes me off guard as he manages to land a punch on my stomach.

Just as he is about to land another one, I duck down and kick one of his legs, causing him to kneel onto the ground. I take the chance and wrap my arm around his neck from behind him.

He fumbles in suffocation. The next thing I know, he is knocked out. There stands Madalyne with a sculpted wooden statue which is raised mid air. We both stare at each other before I break into a chuckle. She looks as if she never expected she would do that.

I let go of the unconscious body before standing up to Madalyne who is still gripping onto the object. I take it from her and put it back on the table cabinet kept beside a room.

"Was that too loud?" Madalyne whispers, still holding the bewildered expression.

"Loud and badass," Madalyne looks at me with a scowl on her face.

Letting out a chuckle, I lead Madalyne and I towards the stairs when we hear voices, "Jared and Ken are nowhere to be seen! Boss will be angry!" The male voice comes from down the stairs as I tense up.

Madalyne pulls me back towards the other staircase when we both realise that the body is gone.

"Alright, alright, I check upstairs," We hear footsteps emerging from the staircase. The next thing we know, a strong grip is implanted onto our arms and we are pulled back into a room. Darkness takes over my vision but I can still feel Madalyne's finger intertwined with mine.

"What the fuck happened!" The first thing that comes out of my mouth in a whisper. I tighten our fingers as I feel another arm gripping my shoulder.

"I can't see anything-,"

"Who the fuck is this?!" I had to cut her off because the grip just scared the shit out of me, "Who are you?!" I hiss into the darkness. I am this close to shouting.

"It's Joseph, motherfucker."

Vote and Comment