Chapter 57 - Somewhere Far Way

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

"Finally... you have woken up!!"

The familiar voice squeals in a high pitched tone. I stare at the woman who I recognize all too well hovering over me. My skin crawls in resentment towards her. It does not take long for me to connect the dots. She must have been working with Ian.

'You would be surprised to know other names..,'

"You fucking bitch!" I find myself hissing, causing her to scrunch her eyebrows. Mien of agony glistens through her eyes as she retreats back slowly. Her figure is covered in all black; the very same appearance seen in the CCTV footages.

Without uttering a word, she lifts her hands to examine my head. As soon as I try to move my head away, pain surges intensely. "Please, don't do it... you are hurting," The same woman who helped me through my paralysis mutters gently.

She then continues to trace my arms making me helplessly disgusted. My skin crawls, my hands ache to shove her hands away. "There is no use trying to push me away, Xavier. From now on, I'll always be here!"

"This has got to be some sick joke! Untie me! NOW!" No matter how agonising it is to even move a muscle, I scream at her. She looks taken aback as if I was not supposed to be aggressive. She has the fucking nerve to look surprised!

Shaking her head, she takes an icepack from the tray and begins to press it on the wound, "I am afraid I can't do that," A deafening silence falls between us before her voice interrupts, "You can't get out of here anytime soon."

"Why are you working with that bastard?!" I ask, hoping to get my answer.

Her gaze wanders over my face, "Isn't it obvious?"

It is Cassandra, it is.

"...I wanted you..I needed you..now we can be together-,"

Before she can finish with her delusional words, I let out a humourless laughter, "Of course, a psychopath works with another psychopath. You really think doing all this will keep me here forever?"

Cassandra's emotion turns impassive, "Yes. Every person gives up one day or another, Xavier. I know all of this is hurting you but-," She moves forward to whisper in my ear, "-I am here to ease your pain."

"I'd rather die than you easing my pain... untie me Cassandra, I am warning you!" I spit the bitter words out, causing her to look away.

"Don't make this harder for me," She sighs, taking back the ice pack. I feel as if I am finally able to breathe again. My eyes wander around the gloomy room with minimum light peeking through the dark curtain. The walls are embellished with dark wood and bathed in small paintings resembling the ones in my previous home.

"Look!" Her voice disturbs the calm silence, "I have decorated the room just like you would prefer."

You are wrong. I would have never wanted any of this. Madalyne does not like dark curtains. I recall the time when I used to wake up to sunlight dazzling through the bright curtains in Madalyne's dorm. And just yesterday I woke up to my angel in my arms. This morning should have been the same but it wasn't.