Chapter 26 - Still don't want to see her?

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

"What do you mean he never came back?" I grit my teeth, kicking the side of the car. My fingers run through my hair as I pace back and forth. We were so close –so fucking close.

"He must've somehow found out that the hotel was surrounded," Quinton's eyebrows scrunch as he continues, "Nathan searched all the CCTV cameras but there is no trace of that man in any of them except the one in front of the pub."

"What did he find?" I ask.

"Only his back was seen; nothing else," His words make me curse out. Honestly, I am too tired and anguished to chase this anonymous bastard. However, I have to –I cannot stop until I capture this motherfucker. I have to beat him in his own game for my loved ones sake.

"What are we going to do now?" Joseph mutters under his breath.

"Fuck knows," I close my eyes and lean against the car. The cold breeze caresses my hair in idyllic tranquility. I wish I could just go back home and live my life. I am so close to giving up everything, "Where are the two men now?"

Quinton looks at me before nodding, "One of your headquarters. Detective Owen is expected to be there." Let's get this shit done.

................................

"I am going to ask you again; who do you work for?" Owen composedly asks both of the men whose wrists are chained to the chairs. The first male is a thirty year brunette old and the second a twenty eight year old blonde hacker; both born in Birmingham. For the past hour, Owen has been trying to make them spit out the truth but neither of them seems to utter even a word.

"And I am going to tell you again –we are not saying shit!" The first male hisses, glaring back at the investigator.

"Owen, why can't we just torture them to open their mouth?" Joseph mutters to Owen who rolls his eyes back at him. This is not mafia or some shit; torture is the last thing I want to apply on them right now but that does not mean I that will not implement other techniques on them.

"As long as I am here; we are not doing that," Owen claims, causing Joseph to huff, "But that does not mean they are leaving this building without answers." He says, turning to me. Nodding, I amble towards the two figures with smirks plastered on their faces. Little do they know, these smirks will soon disappear.

"Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!" I shake my head, "It's so unfortunate for your sister to have a brother like you! I heard your sister wants to study at Harvard.......," All the colors drain from the face of the blonde man when I utter those words. I smirk knowing that their reaction confirmed that the information about them is indeed correct, "She is a bright student but she deserves to know what her brother does-,"

"You wouldn't!" The blondie growls, straddling against the chains.

"If I can almost kill two people, why can't I do this simple thing?" I shrug casually, raising an eyebrow at them. The blonde man looks as if he is having a hard time controlling his anguish. Then I turn to look at the men beside. The brunette man stares at me while gulping intensely. This is going to be fun.