Chapter 29 - The Concert

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

"Arghh!" Is the first thing that comes out of my lips when I gain my consciousness. I pry open my eyelids when I feel the sun rays peeking through the tiny space between my dark curtains. For fuck sake, I must have forgotten to shut the blinds completely. I think of last night when I realize I don't remember most of it.

I check underneath my duvet only to see me wearing a fancy black dress. I recall going to the club with Oscar....then what happened? I am guessing we got super drunk but who brought me home if Oscar was also drunk? I search for my phone and find my purse on the nightstand beside me. I quickly take out my phone and text Oscar.

Me: What the fuck happened last night?!

It takes a few minutes for him to respond back.

Osy: Idfk. All I remember is Owen fucking me

Me: Okayyy...I don't want to know your experience. All I want to know is who drove me here?

Osy: Joseph. I saw him taking you out of the club.

'Thank God- but wasn't he drunk as well?' I guess, I have to ask him myself and thank him.

We end our conversation before I try to get out of the cold bed. I take a refreshing and warm shower before heading to the kitchen to make myself breakfast.

"You bastard! How dare you touch me with your dirty hands?!"

All of a sudden, my own voice flashes in my mind. What the hell was that?

"Oh Madalyne.... You have no idea what it's like to be sitting around you in fucking lectures,"

Oh my God. My mind seems to bring back parts of what happened last night. A loud gasp erupts from me when I remember that a splashed drink on someone whose hands were all over me. I mean I am proud of myself for what I did to that bastard. From what I remember, I am guessing, the guy also goes to Cambridge. But what happened afterwards I don't seem to recall at all because I think then we got severely drunk after that.

.................................

"Oh my god! I cannot believe we got free tickets to the concert!" Selena jolts up taking the envelopes from me as I still try to comprehend what is happening.

"Are you sure it's not Leo, Sarah?" Chloe narrows her eyes at Sarah who shrugs.

"God no, my man doesn't even know how to buy tickets," Sarah scoffs sarcastically, confirming that it is not Leo either.

"Mady! Are you not happy?! Zella Day will perform tonight! Your favorite singer!!" Selena squeals right in my ear, pulling me out of my deep thoughts. I knew Zella way was playing tonight but never told anyone that I wanted to go.

"Yeah, whatever, I am free to go tonight," I say in a monotonous tone when the excitement from Selena's face drenches out. Guilt trickles through me when I realize that I am not as enthusiastic as the girls.