Chapter 30 - The Lowest of Low

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

"Who?!" I close my eyes upon her scream. Right now, it takes me everything not to go up there and kill Leo and Sarah for upsetting my angel. I watch from the other side in the darkness as her lips tremble, trying to hold herself from breaking. My hands ache to go up there and hold her.

"Madalyne-,"

"NO!" Madalyne cuts her friend off, her eyes fixated on Leo who looks down in guilt, "Tell me, Leo, who are you talking about? Who loves me? Who is meant for me?! Who am I meant for?"

'Me!' And I want nothing more than to say this.

"Madalyne, calm down, we are sorr-," Leo tries to reason, making me want to punch him even more.

"No! You both know how being sorry does not change anything! So tell me, who you were talking about!" A stinging pain travels through my heart at Madalyne's quivering and broken voice. We all know she knows the answer but she wants them to confess it.

"Xavier!" Leo looks away, glaring on the ground. Madalyne humorlessly smiles while nodding, reminding me how I completely shattered my angel. It's all my fucking fault.

"Oh, yah right," She breaks into a fits of humorless laugh, "That m-man loves me? He is meant for me? I am meant for him? Then where is he? Where. Is. He?!"

Another afflicting pain convulses through me as if someone drops my heart made out of glass. My fingers form into fists, digging deep into my palms. Only her words can disintegrate me more than any other physical or mental pain.

Both of them stay silent as Madalyne continues, "If he fucking loves me, why am I suffering with severe heartbreak? Why do other people think I need someone in order to move on? Why did he leave me here to rot myself? Why did he leave me here all broken? Why? TELL ME WHY?!"

"Of course, you won't answer. No one can answer my many questions," Her fingers grip her hair and jaw clench in anger and agony, "And you!" She turns to her friend, "What the fuck were you even thinking about? You really think I would be able to forget everything just by meeting someone? I never thought my own best friend would ever do something like this behind my back." Sarah looks away in guilt.

With a loud beat, the music starts to play in the far distance as we stand here by the lake.

"Both of you need to let go of any hope for me. Waiting for someone who is never coming back and searching for someone who doesn't exist are pointless. So from now on, for the love of God, lose the hope of seeing a light in me. Nothing will ever work on me!" With that she strides back to the concert and I don't even take a second to walk out there and punch Leo.

"Oh my God! X?!" Sarah gasps when I take off the mask and Leo holds his jaw, still looking down.

"She was supposed to enjoy tonight but no, you two had to fucking ruin it!" I growl in a low venomous voice before calming myself down.