Chapter 36 - Love it when You Plead

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

Two days have passed since I moved to the penthouse. Two days have passed since Xavier told me that he suspects Jonathan Kinn to which I am totally not surprised but confused as to why Jon would try to harm Xavier. Since Xavier cannot go out much, we spend time with Xavier filling me in with everything. He asks me about Ian sometimes and I cannot help but dismiss his questions. I really want to forget about that man.

"What are you thinking about?" A familiar deep husky voice echoes from behind me as I stand by the window with a cup of coffee. My eyes flicker to the owner of the voice. Xavier appears from behind me wearing black shirt and pants. I cannot help but wander my eyes on his biceps which look like they are about to rip out. Lately, I am having difficulty controlling myself around Xavier –after all he is the one who appears all sexy.

"Nothing....just enjoying the coffee and the view...," My gaze flickers back to the alluring view of the city. I made myself some coffee while Xavier had his business meeting.

"Do you want to do something tonight?" His question makes me scrunch my eyebrows and think for a moment.

My shoulders tug in a shrug, "I really don't have anything in mind, right now." I walk back to the kitchen counter and lean against it. "How was your meeting?"

"Boring," Xavier sighs, running his fingers through his slicked hair as he drinks his cold water. Some drips down his jaw and neck and I know he is doing it intentionally just to provoke me. After finishing, he wipes his lips with his thumb, staring right through my soul and I swear I will lose it in any second. He then unbuttons a few of his buttons, displaying his tattoos on his upper chest. So it's a game now.

"We should totally do something," I bite my lips as I walk near him to take the bowl of strawberries on the counter behind him. He precisely scrutinizes my actions as I exit the open kitchen constructed with black marble tiles and head to the living area where a huge T.V on the wall hangs. The walls of the penthouse are varnished with textured black rocks. "Let's watch a movie, shall we?"

He nods and turns on the television. My heart almost leaves my chest when he takes a seat on the spot right fucking beside me out of the spaces of all the couches. I choose a movie of my choice but we both know no one is going to watch it since our eyes would be on each other. I take a strawberry from the bowl and begin to take a bite, never breaking our eye contact. He intakes a sharp breath and watches the scene unfold before him. A bit of the juice dribbles down my lips which I seductively wipe.

"I know what you are doing, Madalyne," He growls, his eyes darkening. Yah, I know too.

I shrug, plastering an innocent expression, "What? I am just enjoying my strawberries." He smirks and shakes his head upon my words. I mean, he started it after all.

As I am about to take another bite, the piece drops on my cleavage. Oh fuck me! Before I can grab the piece of fruit, Xavier grips my wrist mid-air. He slowly nears his face towards me, his luscious eyes penetrating mine. My breathing grows rapidly while his face encloses. "Oh, darling, I know you are more than just enjoying your strawberries." His lips clutch the piece on my skin, convulsing tingles through my nerves. He drags the cold piece up my neck, making me throw my head back. I find myself whimpering upon his action. His hand grips both of my wrists and begins to hover over me, his soft lips still on me.