Chapter 58 - You don't Remember Me, do You?

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

"We are leaving for Canada... tonight."

His words strike me like venomous arrows.

"W-what?" I fumble with words. Why am I surprised? This was his intention after all.

Ian flickers his eyes to mine for a couple of seconds, "You and I," He pauses before continuing, "Are going back to Canada, tonight. I have my jet prepared for us."

My eyes roll almost to the back of my head, "More like your father's jet," The words fly out of me before I can comprehend. I hear him take a sharp breath.

"Drop that fucking attitude!" If we were in the past, I would have been scared to the core. His loud and querulous tone does not petrify me anymore. However, his intentions and threats to harm Xavier make me feel impotent and weak.

Am I ever going to be free from this psychopath?

If I try to escape or outsmart him in some ways right now, he is going to hurt Xavier. He probably has men all around, ready to receive commands. It was not difficult for him to have people working under the motion of his fingers. After all, his father is a rich business man and Ian is probably the next to inherit the business.

"Where is Xavier?" I ask in a calm tone as if he hasn't just shouted at me. A deafening silence falls inside the car. From the monotonous hissing of the wheels, the reverberation of the passing cars to the loud beeps of the horns; everything is becoming unbearable for me.

"Forget about him. You and I are going to start a new life," His impassive voice echoes, causing my jaw to clench upon his delusional words.

I let out a humourless laugh, "A new life?! You can't be that stupid to think that." From the corner of my eyes, I notice his grip on the steering wheel tighten, causing his knuckles to turn red.

"You are testing my patience here, Madalyne," He manages to keep his voice calm. I let out a deep breath. How am I going to stop him from going wherever he is taking me?

"Just answer my question...where is he?" Not only his but my patience is getting tested too. Just as I utter these words, the car halts, causing my head to almost crash onto the dashboard. Suddenly, Ian grasps my wrists, pulling me closer to him.

His, now darkened, grey eyes glare through my soul, "What did I fucking say?" He emphasizes each of his words, gritting his teeth. I raise my eyebrows at him, "What?"

"Forget he exists. You are mine, now. Only mine," Those haunting grey eyes stay inches away from me.

"You fucking slut!" He grabs my upper arms and harshly pulls me closer. His eyes glare through my teary ones. "You tried to lure my friends and you thought I wouldn't even know?!!" I vigorously shake my head upon the disgusting allegation.