Chapter 51 - Make a big deal out of everything!

Madalyne's POV

Madalyne's POV

"Tomorrow is New Year's Eve! I am so excited!!" Selena squeals, clumping her hands together. Tomorrow is the thirty-first night? Already? It feels like the day we joined Cambridge was yesterday. It's crazy how it's been almost a year.

"Yah, we're all going to Joseph's party, right?" Sarah's eyes flicker between Selena and I. Joseph is opening a new club for which he worked restlessly and has invited all of us for the New Year's party; including the opening celebration.

Both Selena and I nod upon her question, "I don't know what to wear though!" I huff, making the girls roll their eyes. I mean I do have a wardrobe full of party dresses which I don't often wear yet still complain about not having outfits.

"Hello, ladies...," Xavier and Leo appear from the entrance and enter the living room. Sarah and Leo came back to the city last night and today invited us to meet up at their place.

Xavier takes the spot beside me and pulls me closer to him, pecking me. "I missed you...," He snuggles in my warmth.

"It has only been an hour since you saw me...," My eyes squint at his smirking face. We turn our attention to the others before we engage in a light conversation.

"So... has anyone seen Chloe... I mean like what about the picture?" Selena utters with evident hesitation which causes both Sarah and I to look at each other. I almost forgot how Sarah ended the call and now I feel uneasiness stir in me. Sarah flickers her gaze elsewhere, making me roll my eyes.

"The picture is real," I find myself saying, feeling all the eyes on me, "And I do want to confront Chloe about it. Just not for now... I am giving her a chance to tell me by herself." I feel Xavier give me a kiss on the head when Selena and Leo give off smiles and nod. However, Sarah, on the other hand, stares on the floor, choosing to stay silent.

"I think it's for the best," Selena says, "We should just focus on tomorrow!"

"So what is going on with you and Kai?" Sarah asks, making Selena's face go pale.

"Sarah! What the fuck?!" I hiss when I notice colors draining from Selena's face. Even though most of us know about Kai and Selena, I know Selena prefers not to have a conversation about her secret relationship.

"What?" Sarah shrugs, "Everyone knows, right?" Her eyes travel from me to Xavier to Leo. Selena looks taken aback as she flickers her gaze upon Leo.

"Selena, don't blame Madalyne. I saw you both myself....," Xavier utters, leaning back and giving me a light squeeze.

Selena nods with a faint smile, "It's fine. Madalyne informed me that you know." Her attention turns to Sarah and Leo. "You saw us too?" Selena asks Leo.

As Leo is about to say something, Sarah beats him to it, "Yes, I told him! I know I shouldn't have.."

"Really? And you didn't even tell her after telling someone?" My arms fold against my chest.