Chapter 3

Novemeber 13th,1988

It was about 4:30 in the afternoon. Luciana and Dalani were getting ready to go see michael in a little more than an hour."Tonight is the night! I just can't believe this. It's like, a dream come true. It's a good thing you agreed to come to this resort with me. I wouldn't want to share this time with anybody else but you. If you hadn't found that watch,this probably wouldn't even be happening. To add to that, we had a fun time together. Felt good to be free for a chance,right?" Dalani said smiling at her sister. "Yes! Thank you so much for bringing me here. I'll cherish and remember this for the rest of my life. Can I ask you honest question though?" Luciana said sounding concerned.

"Sure,what is it?"

"All we did was find the man's watch.."

"Yeah?"

"Do you really think we deserve this? People come heavily out of their pockets for stuff like this. All I did was find a piece of jewelry."

"Luciana, you need to learn how to accept your blessings. Especially when you're living life in a struggle. Don't take good things that come your way for granted. This most likely will never happen to us again."

Luciana realized her sister was making a good point. She decided to just go with the flow and enjoy herself.

Michael was backstage rehearsing before the concert started. "Okay, take five you all." Michael went into his dressing room and saw the slip of paper on the dresser. He sat down and stared at it for a while. He was thinking about calling her,but he was having mixed thoughts. He didn't know if she had liked him the way he liked her,but he felt he needed to know. He dialed her number quickly. No one answered the phone. He didn't know if she was avoiding him or not, he didn't know what to think.

"Shoot." he said.

There was a knocking on his door.

"Michael?" a female voice said.

"Come in."

It was his guitar player jennifer. She had a yellow note in her hand.

"What's this for?"

"I'm not sure, I was just told to give it to you."

"Thank you." As she left the room,he squinted his eyes at the note in his hand. It read, 'the limo that is picking up the ladies you've invited tonight has just arrived at the resort which they are staying.' Michael felt a bit of relief. He was hoping the reason she hadn't answered is because she wasn't in the room. He just really wanted her to like him.

The two were now in the lobby waiting on the limo. "I think that's our ride!" Dalani said pointing to the limo in front of the hotel."Shall we?" Dalani said looking at Luciana. Luciana smiled and they walked arm in arm to the limo. The driver stepped out of the front seat. "Are these the Santiago sisters I'm driving this evening?" Yes,that's us." Luciana said with a smile. "May I see your passes ladies?" They both held up their passes simultaneously."Very well." The driver said with a smile as he opened the door for the two of them to step in."It's about a fourty-five minute ride ladies." "Okay,thanks!" Dalani said waving at him."This is flipping amazing" Luciana said. "Who are you telling?" Dalani said smiling. The driver pulled onto the road and the two were filled with excitement.

"My heart is beating so fast right now." Luciana said fanning herself.

"Same here! Oh, and by the way, I wanted to ask you a question CiCi."

"Sure,what's up?"

"You know that day we were in Michael's hotel room?"

"Yeah?"