Chapter 41(Michael's POV.)

January 1, 2000

"3, 2, 1, Happy New Year!" Luciana and I shouted in unison. I left a soft peck on her cheek as she turned and held both her hands in mine.

"Happy New Year baby." She left a soft peck on my lips. She grabbed my arm and pulled me outside. "Vaminos, slow poke!" She laughed. "Just look at these fireworks."

"They're beautiful." I wrapped both my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder. "They aren't nearly as beautiful as you."

She sighed. I could feel her cheekbones rising on my neck. "I love you," she whispered.

"Te amo tambien," I chuckled.

"I've taught you well," she giggled. 

I looked at the colors reflecting off of her perfectly made up face. The fireworks became mute. There was only Luciana. Her smile brought joy into my heart as it always does. Her hair that ran past her breasts begin to fly just above her shoulders. She turned her head to face me.

"What?" She laughed.

I didn't say a word. I began to smile in awe of her beauty.

"Michael!" She chuckled. "Is there something on my face?"

"I'm falling in love with you all over again."

She rested her head into the crevice of my neck. "This is what I prayed for. I told the Lord if you weren't the one I was meant to be with, then to help me learn to let go. But he brought me back to you."

"I'm glad he did. I couldn't imagine my life without you right now. You fill that empty void that I've been feeling these past few years without you."

"Wow," she shook her head. "I couldn't have said better myself," she smiled at me as her eyes widened."Hey.."

"What?" I couldn't help but to chuckle at her facial expression.

"You wanna dance?"

"You might show me up," I laughed as she pulled my arm once again.

"Maybe not, maybe so. Who knows?" She winked. "I'll keep it low," she put a finger to her lips. "Where's your music?"

"I have an idea." I reached over the fireplace and grabbed her CD from on top of it. "Baile," I smirked.

"Haha! Alright then, pop that sucker on in there. But I'm just letting you know I definitely have an advantage."

"Okay Santiago, lead the way."

"Fast or slow?"

"You should use it to your best advantage, right?"

"Whatever," she giggled.  She flipped her hair over her shoulder and began to play a track with a fast tempo.

"Show Me How?" I guessed.

"Mhmm," she smirked. She jetted her hip to the right of me and held it with both her hands. I watched the swift movements of her feet and the watch the execution of her freestyle choreography flowing throughout her veins. I bit my lip and clapped along with the beat.

Our feet glided across the floor in unison. I followed her lead, bringing my own moves to the table. I held onto her hand as she spun into my chest. The heat began to rise between us.

She rested her other arm around my neck as I dipped her body to the nearby ground. She lifted her neck and stepped with one foot up and one back, causing myself to do the same in a repetitive motion. I pulled her into my chest. She puckered her lips for a kiss. I leaned in with my eyes closed only to feel her hand over my mouth.