Chapter 37

February 13th,1997

Luciana sat inside of the recording booth for what seemed like eternity. She spun on a swivel stool and sighed. She slowly walked over towards the door of the sound booth and opened it, peeking her head through the narrow crack. "Vincent, can we take a break? We've been working for hours now. I just need to take a breather."

"Alright. You've been working hard today."

Luciana walked over to the mini fridge and grabbed her water bottle from the side of the door. "About how far have we gotten?" She took a sip of water.

"A lot farther than we did last week, that's for sure."

Luciana's phone rang only once before she retrieved it from the receiver.

"Luciana speaking."

"Hey."

Luciana recognized Michael's voice. He sounded relaxed. "Hey, what's up?"

"My first child has arrived. Can you believe it?"

Luciana smiled. His voice was soothing and he sounded peaceful. "Today? I'm so happy for you, Michael!! Congratulations."

"Could you come down to the hospital to meet the baby?"

Luciana sighed and looked back at Vincent then down at her feet. "I'm kind of tied up at work today. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I totally understand. Just let me know when you're available. We'll make it work."

"Sounds like a plan. Is the baby a boy or a girl?"

"A boy. Prince Michael Jackson."

"Awww, Michael. How does it feel to be a father?"

"I'm lost your words right now. I'm so excited for what's to come."

"You'll be such a great father. I know you will."  Luciana glanced at the clock and tapped her fingers on the side of her thigh. "I have to go, but I'll call you soon, okay?"

"Alright Luciana. Take care."

"You too, Michael." Luciana sat the phone back on the receiver.

"Everything okay?" Vincent sat up in his chair and gave Luciana a look of concern.

"The baby's here,"she gave off a half smile.

"You alright, kiddo?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Pull that chair on over here, Luciana."

Luciana rolled the swivel chair over to where Vincent was sitting. She sat down reluctantly, crossing her legs, trying not to make direct eye contact. She wiped the light tear that feel down her cheek off lightly with her finger and buried her head in her hands.

"Luciana," Vincent said as he lightly stroked her shoulder which put her at ease. He walked over to the marble counter and picked up a tissue box. "Here."

Luciana reached for the tissue box with one hand and kept the other over her eyes. "Thank you,"she sniffed.

"What's wrong baby girl?"

"It's nothing. I'm just really happy for him."

"That's not it, Luciana. I know you."

Luciana threw her hands in the air and rested them just above her knees. "I don't know how to trust, I guess. People will make promises to you and do the exact opposite of what they promised."

"What are you referring to?"

"The love of my life.."

"There's something going on with you and Michael? I thought you two were on good terms."