Chapter 21 (Luciana's Journal)

I am absolutely disgusted. When you're in the limelight, there seems to be no one you can trust. Michael has been accused of child molestation. My outlook on all of this is that it's pure bull. He would never hurt a child. It's people who do things like this that I have no respect for. He doesn't deserve this at all. I really need to be here for him as long as this continues. I've cancelled a lot of appointments, but it doesn't really matter right now. He's way more important to me than any job offer.

I'm really worried about him. He's not eating or drinking like her should be. As a result of this, a few shows have been cancelled and rescheduled. I know how hard this must be for him. Going through emotional and physical pain is a lot to deal with. I love him so much, and to watch him go through this is painful for me as well.

As far as Vanessa is concerned, she will not leave me alone. She's just as annoying as the tabloids to be honest. She's constantly calling me as if she has nothing better to do. She's been recommending me to record producers and other things. I honestly wish she'd stop. Not that I'm ungrateful, but it seems as if all she cares about is popularity rankings. She hasn't changed much since we were in high school together.

But anyway, all negativity aside, I'm proud to be Michael's fiancée. Having that role in his life, I want to be here for him. Nothing else really matters to me right now. I've been writing in this journal excessively to release my anger. I tend to release it on my surroundings. I just hope this all comes to an end soon. Michael is innocent, and the world needs to know.

I wrote a song the other day. It's actually about Michael and I. I decided to read the lyrics to him. I walked up to his bed and smiled. "Mind if I show you something?" I asked. He sat up and gave me a nod. "I've been getting in to writing my own songs lately, and I wanted to share this one with you. It's about you and I." I glanced at my lyric sheet and cleared my throat. I started saying the words in sort of a rapping rhythm. I was using my legs as my instruments. Whenever I opened my eyes he was smiling at me. It seemed like he was feeling the song as much as I was. I eventually started singing. I couldn't help myself. I'd feel empty without him, which is why empty is the title of my song.

I close my journal today as a person filled with mixed emotions. A woman full of faith and prayers, as well. Whatever is written in here comes straight from my heart. Justice will prevail.

~Luce