Chapter 38

Luciana said her goodbyes to her family as she closed the door behind her. She eagerly ran inside of her car and drove off. "It's six o'clock already?"

She reached for the volume on her vehicles stereo. She became distracted by a blinking light beneath her wheel. "Crap, I'm out of gas."

There was a three minute gap until Luciana found a gas station at the size of the road. She slowly pulled over and parked her car beside a teal blue tank.

Luciana pulled her drawstring black hood over her head and pushed a dark pair of sunglasses onto her nose. She slowly checked her surroundings and placed both her feet onto the ground. She sped up tje steps of the Mini Mart with the clicking of her heels being the only sound surrounding the quiet and dim area. Luciana opened the door quickly to be knocked onto the floor by a tall slender woman in heels.

"Oh my goodness! Ma'am, I am so sorry!" The woman reached her hand out for Luciana's to help her up. Luciana slowly stood up, brushing the concrete residue from her clothing onto the ground. "Are you okay?" The woman placed a hand on Luciana's shoulder waiting for an answer from her.

"I'm fine,"Luciana assured. Luciana noticed a tear right beneath her pencil skirt that ran halfway down her left stocking. She placed her fingers near her bleeding knee and limped into the Mini Mart.

"Oh my goodness, your knee. Is there anything I can do for you ma'am?" The woman asked.

"It was an accident. It's fine." Luciana smiled. She opened the Mini Mart's front door and shivered at the small breeze that brushed against her back. She picked up a package of gummy worms and limped over to the counter. She sighed and began growing impatient about her arrival to her next destination.

Once Luciana arrived at Neverland, it was about seven o'clock in the evening. The skies where a dark blue and the stars were shining bright. Luciana smiled towards the view and made her way to the door.

Luciana rung the doorbell twice. Seconds later, Michael arrived at the door with a smile spread across his face.

Luciana laughed at Michael's expression. She opened her arms and invited Michael in for a hug. "Give me some love,"she smiled. Michael accepted Luciana's long embrace and released with a smile still spread widely from cheek to cheek.

Michael placed his hand on Luciana's lower back and guided her into his home.

Luciana smiled as she took in the beautiful scenery that surrounded her. "It's been a while since I've been here. It feels so brand new."

"Yeah, it has." Michael slid his hands into his pockets and watched as Luciana glanced at picture frames and decorations.

"Everything looks wonderful."

"Thank you," Michael nodded.

"Can I meet the kiddies now?" Luciana interlaced her fingers and  placed them under her chin.

"Of course." Michael placed his hand in hers. Luciana was guided into Michael's living room, where both his little boy and girl were playing with toys that were spread across the floor. Michael sat on the floor as Luciana did the same. He bundled Prince and Paris in his arms and smiled. "Prince and Paris, this is my friend, Luciana."

Luciana grinned and touched the children's red and plump cheeks. "Hi!"

They shyly smiled and waved in Luciana's direction.

"You guys are so cute. How old are they?" Luciana asked.

"Prince is now two years old, and Paris is one,"Michael smiled.

"Awww."

Paris handed Luciana a miniscule toy plane. Luciana chuckled. "For me?"

Paris giggled and nodded her head. "Thank you," Luciana laughed.