Chapter 12

June 27th, 1992

"Ms.Santiago, who will play along side you in the upcoming movie for this fall?" "Ms. Santiago is it true that you and Darion Shouse will be doing a sequel to this musical?" "Will you be joining Mr. Jackson on tour anytime soon?" "Are you excited to meet the rest of the cast?""Will you ever be realsing an album?" "Will you be returning to broadway?" Luciana pushed her way through the press without saying a word. She walked into the Los Angeles Film Studio with her heart filled with excitement. She was on the road to getting her career boost from broadway to the big screen. She had tried out for plays all over state and has been discovered by many playwriters. No one knew Michael and Luciana's actual status, but they were going along as "close longtime friends".  As far as the press, they were assuming there is a relationship going on. Michael was in Munich, Germany for his first show of the Dangerous tour. Their plan was for Luciana to fly out whenever she could to accompany him on the rest of the tour. She was living life in the limelight, and not only because of Michael and she being together, but because of her success as well. As far as her brothers and sisters, they were being taken care of by Julio and their father, and their mother finally agreed to go to Rehab. She knew nothing about where Luciana was, or even her rise to success, but Luciana had no doubt in her mind she'd be pissed when she got back.

"Hello?" she said turning a corner in the building to see tons of people working on a set and reading scripts. She got a big applause when she entered the room.

"Ms. Santiago, so glad to see you again!" the director of the film, Frederick Cogar said giving Luciana a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Please, call me Luciana." she said flashing him a smile.

"Come, come, meet the cast!" he said motioning his hand towards the group of people.She went down the line and shook hands with everyone as they said their names. The last person in the line was a woman with light brown straight hair. She had hazel eyes and caramel skin. Luciana looked at her thinking she looking familiar.

"What's your name?" she asked shaking her hand.

"Vanessa. Vanessa Holland."

"Oh my gosh. You're Eric's sister."

"I was wondering if you'd remember me." she said smiling at her. They walked over to the makeup table and sat down in the chairs.

"We're going to start in 10 minutes people, 10 minutes!" Frederick shouted.

"Well, yeah, I thought it was you.  It's been so long." Luciana said putting her hand on her forehead in disbelief."You  seem so much nicer now,like, in high school it seemed like you hated me."

"I never hated you, Luciana. I just wasn't the friendliest person back then. Me and my big brother are really close and I wasn't just going to let some girl enter his life without me checking her first."

"Oh, um, okay." Luciana said drifting off.

"I've grown up, I guess. What are the odds we'd end up meeting again so many years later in a movie studio?"

"I know, right? But listen Vanessa, I need a huge favor from you and I hope you'll agree and come through for me just this once."

"Depends on the favor."

"Could you please" Luciana said sighing in between her sentence. "NOT mention to Eric that you saw me today?"

"Why not? He'll already know we've seen eachother when the movie is released. I hope you've realized that."

"Shit.." she said pounding her fist into her forehead.

"I don't understand what the big deal is."