Chapter 19

Luciana sat up in her bed rapidly. She couldn't collect her words or thoughts, and she could not stop smiling. "You'd really want to- like you really want me to.." "Would I like you to be my wife? Yeah Luciana, I would." Michael started to laugh at her squealing over the phone. He was nervous about telling her, but was glad he didn't have to be anymore.

Luciana had arrived at Dalani's home at 12 o'clock in the afternoon. She had invited the rest of the family to come later on so that she had some one on one time with her sister. Luciana was sitting across from Dalani who was holding her child in her arms. "Aren't you so glad mom has changed? I'd never think I'd see her like this in a million years." Dalani looked up at Luciana and smiled. Luciana perched her chest up and started grinning. "Yeah, of course. I'm really proud of her. This is not only good for her, but for Pa and the kids too."

"Exactly. Hey, did something happen last night? You've been giving me that goofy grin since you've been here."

"Michael and I just had a really good conversation last night, that's all."

"You want to tell me what it was about?"

"I wouldn't be able to keep still if I didn't tell you."

"Well? Go on, spill."

"Okay, okay. We were just having a sweet talk on why we admired each other. Then, the topic of marriage came up."

"What?"

"He wants to marry me."

"Shut up!" Angelina started to cry as Dalani stood up patting her back. "Shh, hija. Don't cry." She gave her several pecks on her cheeks and turned to Luciana with a big smile on her face. "I'll be right back."

She laughed. "Need any help?"

"No thanks, I'll be okay. Just gonna put my little grumpy rascal to bed."

"Aww, okay. Bye bye, cutie." Luciana waved and gasped. "I just remembered something. Mind if I use your phone?"

"Nope, go ahead."

Luciana picked up the phone and started dialing fast. "Vanessa, It's Luciana. You tried calling me last night when I was on the phone with someone."

"Oh, hey girl!"

"By the way, how'd you get my hotel number?"

"You called Darion to find out where we stood on the movie project. He decided to pass the number on to me, too."

"Oh. Anyway, why'd you call me?"

"I was just wondering if you'd seen the newspaper lately. You know- the one with your face on the cover."

Luciana sighed and placed her hand on her forehead. "Is it bad?"

"Let's see. Does 'Jackson and Santiago look like more than friends' sound bad?"

"Oh no."

"It's a picture of you two kissing at an airport, it looks like. No offense love, but if this was an attempt at disguise, you stink at it."

"I gotta go." Luciana hung up the phone, not caring that she'd cut Vanessa off. She pulled her hair so the side and rested her head on her hand. Dalani walked back into the room with a puzzled look on her face.

"You okay? You seemed a lot happier a few minutes ao."

"No, I'm not really peachy keen at the moment. That was Vanessa."

"Great," Dalani said sarcastically. "What did she say?"

"She's seen Michael and I on the front of a newspaper. I guess those stupid tabloids saw us kiss at the airport."