Chapter 23

It was mid February 1994.  Michael's case had been settled by his lawyers. The world knew they both were engaged, due to a recent interview Luciana had, confirming they were together with Michael's approval. Luciana and Michael had been arguing over minor things they'd discussed, and Luciana was growing suspicious about Michael and another woman. Luciana was preparing to head out of town for the premiere of  Changing Seasons. She grabbed her purse and gave a silent wave to Michael who was talking on the phone. He waved back to her ending his phone call. "Okay, talk to you later, Lisa. Goodbye."

He walked up to Luciana and put both his hands on her shoulders. "Enjoy yourself tonight. You don't know how much I wish I could go."

"Thanks. And it's okay, I know you do.," she laughed. "Well I'd better head home before my limo shows up. I'll see you later Michael." She kissed him on the cheek and closed his door behind her.

Luciana was in her limo by about 5:30 in the afternoon. She and her co-star Darion rode together. He nudged her arm and laughed. "Are you excited or what?"

"Are you kidding me? This is my first movie premiere. Of course I'm excited,man! How about yourself?"

"Oh yeah, I'm pumped. I bet Vanessa's a bundle of Joy. I think this is her house, isn't it?"

Luciana saw Eric stepping out of the house and sighed out of frustration. She saw Vanessa motioning for Eric to come to the limo with her. "Oh God, please no." Luciana was mumbling things under her breath and tapping her foot. As the limo driver opened the door, Vanessa poked her head through and sat down. "Hey guys! Darion, I want you to meet my brother, Eric."

Darion extended his arm to shake Eric's hand. "Pleasure to meet 'cha, sir."

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine, man. V has told me so much about you.. Luciana?"

Luciana looked up from her hands with a fake smile. "Hello, Eric."

"Wow, you look stunning. You haven't changed a bit."

"Thanks, but if you don't mind, we've got a premiere to get to."

"Okay, okay. I'll leave you alone," he laughed. "See you later, V." Vanessa waved to him as the limo's door was being closed. She clapped her hands together and placed them on her lap. "Luciana, your hair and makeup is perfection. Loving the white gown on you too. I swear the stylist of this generation are the best."

"Thanks, Vanessa. You look really pretty." Luciana talked in a low tone that confused Vanessa, but she thanked her and decided to shake it off.

"So, Darion. You're looking quite handsome in that tux, Mister." Vanessa poked his knee flirtatiously.

"Thank you, m'lady. May I say that you're looking foxy yourself." He kissed her hand and grinned.

Luciana looked at the two with a puzzled expression on her face. "Am I missing something here?"

Vanessa quickly turned in Luciana's direction grinning from ear to ear. "Well, I guess you could say the movie has brought us closer. We're dating now!" She grabbed Darion's hand and kissed his lips. "Sorry, are we making you feel awkward?"

"Who, me? No, don't mind me at all. What else happened on set when I wasn't there?"  Vanessa and Darion started laughing. Luciana wasn't joking about her question, but she decided to let it go.

They arrived at the premiere at 6 o'clock in the evening. Luciana was first to walk down the carpet. She was signing autographs and answering interview questions. She was smiling and was happy her dream of becoming an actress was now her reality.

Meanwhile, Michael was at Neverland going through business when he came across Luciana's baby book she'd made for her daughter Denise. He began looking through the pictures and reading the captions under them. "Denise's first day home." He read aloud. "She really looks happy here." Michael sat for a while scamming through the book. After thinking for a while, he decided to call his close friend, Lisa Marie Presley."Hello?" He smiled and tapped his fingers on his desk.