Chapter 13

September 5th,1992

Luciana was in the recording studio working on the soundtrack for the musical she was starring in. They had covered most ground in progress for the film, but there was still work to be done They had worked on choregraphy, and some scenes that were to be added into the film. Luciana was enjoying herself. She seemed to associate least with Vanessa. She was trying to keep her distance from someone who would try to bring her down. As far as Luciana and Darion, they had thrown their mishap into the wastecan, and got along well.

 "Can we take it from the top,please? That whole beginning part is confusing me." Luciana said speaking into her mic in the studio.

"Okay, what part is confusing you?" the record producer, Vincent Brown asked her.

"In the beginning on the line where we sing 'it's just me and you', so on and so forth, Darion's supposed to be harmonizing with me and I can hardly hear his voice. Can we turn his mic up a little?"

"Sure thing,lil mama. Alright, 'Me and You' from the top." he shouted counting down from three on his fingers. Luciana began singing and threw him a thumb's up, signaling her ability to hear. Vincent signaled one back at her. They finished their recording session at about 8:00 in the evening. Everyone said their goodbyes and they were headed home. Luciana took her cellphone out and decided to call Michael to leave him a message. She was shocked when he answered.

"Hello?" he said in a tired voice.

"Michael? I thought you were doing a show tomorrow night."

"I cancelled. I'm not feeling my best tonight. Health issues."

"My God, you sound awful. I'm coming."

"You're just going to fly from Los Angeles to Germany like that?"

"Um, hell yes. You can't talk me out of it either. I'll see you when I get there."

"Luci-" she hung up without letting him finish. Vanessa walked away from her car and walked up behind Luciana. Luciana turned around startled by by her presence.

"Is everything okay?" Vanessa asked putting her hand on Luciana's shoulder.

"What makes you think something's wrong?"

"You make youself seen pretty well when you're yelling on the phone like that."

"Oh, well it's nothing you need to be concerned about, Vanessa. I need to talk to Frederick, is he still inside?"

"Yeah, uh, he's still in his office."

"Thank you." Luciana said running back into the studio. She ran to Frederick's office and knocked on his door. "Frederick? Frederick are you in there? It's Luciana."

"Come in!" he shouted. Luciana entered his office and closed the door behind her. "Is there something you need, darling? You can pull up a chair if needed."

"That won't be necessary. I needed to talk to you about something important." Luciana said folding her hands and squeezing them tightly.

"Sure, what is it?"

"I need to leave. I have to go to Germany, tomorrow. A friend of mine is sick and I really need to be there for him. Just for four or five days. Please, that's all I need."

"Hmm, well I guess it would be fine. We could have someone fill in for you for practice. Just please, promise me you'll be back before the 15th of this month. We have a lot to cover from that day on, and that's when we start filming elsewhere."

"Yes, that's perfect. I promise, I won't let you down. Thank you so much, Frederick. I'll see you later!" she said waving and closing his office door. She walked out of the studio's front door to see Vanessa standing there. "Vanessa, what are you still doing here?"