Chapter 7

Luciana looked at the clock beside her bed and saw it was 9:00 in the morning. She slipped on her slippers and got out of bed. She wondered if Michael was awake,but she didn't have to wonder but for a short period of time. Michael was asleep on the couch. Luciana laughed at him. His mouth was hanging open and he was absolutely knocked out. She remembered a phone call she and Michael had where he told her he was a hard sleeper. She didn't want to wake him, so she just sat down next to him on the edge of the couch. She was smiling and playing with his curls. He opened his eyes slowly. "Good morning Sunshine." Luciana said laughing at him. He put both hands over his eyes and stretched his legs out to sit up. "Good morning." he said in a tired voice.

"You were sleeping hard alright."

"I didn't get to sleep until about 2 o'clock this morning."

"What were you doing up so long? You need as much rest as you can get."

"I know, mother." he said with a giggle teasing her.

"Yeah, yeah." she said with a laugh. "Well, I'm going to hop in the shower. You said the bathroom is down the hall to the right?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks." She flashed him a smile and went down the hall. Michael and saw she had locked the bathroom door. He stepped in the guest room and went under her pillow. He put the book into his hands and stared at the picture. Luciana was in the hospital kissing a baby girl. The book had "My First Love, Denise Marcia Holland" On the top of the cover. He was confused, he thought maybe it was a younger brother or sister of hers. He didn't recall her telling him she had a daughter, and didn't think she did. He erased his thought quickly when he heard Luciana's footsteps coming down the hall and slid her book back underneath her pillow.

"I forgot my brush." she said getting it out of her bag. "Why are you sitting on the bed?" she said with a little laugh.

"No reason. I guess I've still got some waking up to do." He lied trying to play it off.

She raised her eyebrow at him in suspicion. "Okay..Hey, would you mind stepping out for a second? I've got to take care of something really quick."

"Sure." he said stepping out and she shut the door behind him. She took the book from under the pillow and put it back into her bag. She didn't like having the book out in the open, it being her favorite of memorabilia she had. So she zipped her bag,threw it over her shoulder and walked back out of the room. Michael didn't bother going back in because he had a feeling she'd hid it not wanting him to see it. He didn't no why, but he decided not to push the situation more than needed.

She came out of the bathroom with a black camisole top covered with a blue vest with denim shorts on. Her hair was flowing down her back and she was carrying her clothes. She pushed the door open with her hip and threw her stuff down into her bag. She walked out of the room and saw Michael sitting at the table with his curls tied back into a ponytail. He had on a red letter blue buttoned up long sleeve shirt with black pants on. She walked over to him and smiled. Before she could say anything,Michael began speaking.

"Can you have a seat, please?"

She sat down slowly giving him a weird look. "You don't seem too happy, what's up?"

"I wanted to ask you a question."

"Sure."

"Last night, I'd gotten out of bed to see if you were asleep. But..I happened to see you crying. You were looking at a book or something."

"Oh." She said putting both hands on her forhead. "I don't think I want to know the question." she got up and ran back into the guest room and slammed the door. She slid down the wall and began to cry. Michael had no idea what she'd gotten so furious about, but he was just beginning to get even more curious than he was before. He stood outside her door raising his voice.